Apple Pie Potstickers are on the Menu Today!
Are you looking for a quick…easy…yummy dessert? Something a little different…a delicious treat that might even get some oooo’s and ahhhhh’s at the dinner table? Would you like a dessert that you can serve company that is inexpensive but packs great flavor and makes a wonderful presentation? If you answered YES…I have the dessert for you. Fall and Apple Picking Season is the perfect time for:
Apple Pie Potstickers
The first thing you will do is create a yummy apple pie filling…or if you are in a hurry…you can doctor up a prepared pie filling…maybe add some more brown sugar…melted butter…raisins…cranberries or maybe even some chopped walnuts.
Then you just have to take a small dollop of your mixture (my recipe below : ) and place it in the center of your thin wonton skin.
Then you have to either brush or use you nice clean finger to place a wash of water or egg white around the border (this makes it stick when folded). Fold and press around the edge to make sure it is sealed.
Then you simply pinch together starting on one side and work your way to the other…it’s quick…easy and remember…these are homemade so little imperfections just make them tastier!
Now you get your favorite skillet or frying pan ready…melt some butter…place your pot stickers bottom down and brown to a golden crunch. Then cover the bottom of the pan with water…just cover it…do not add too much…then place a lid on the pan…lower the flame and simmer for about 3 minutes and voila…they are ready to plate up and get sprinkles with some yummy powdered sugar…
How about some easy dipping sauce? Just serve with some delicious maple syrup and you are good to go! Of course you can mix it up a bit if you would like…some vanilla ice cream…whipped cream…salted caramel…well you get the picture…experiment and enjoy! OOOOPS…I forgot the chopsticks…that would make this even more fun!
Quick and Easy Apple Pot Stickers
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
4 apples of your choice (I used Granny Smith)
2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of Sugar
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
2 tablespoons of butter (for apple saute)
2 tablespoons of butter (for browning the pot stickers)
1 tablespoon of raisins
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts
1/8 tsp of salt
16 wonton skins (available at most Grocery Stores)
1. Peel your apples…slice them nice and thin and then chop the slices in half…place them in a bowl and add your lemon juice and toss so they are all covered and safe from going brown.
2. Melt your butter and place the apples in the skillet and saute for about 2 minutes…then add your sugars…cinnamon…salt and the other dried fruit and nuts if you would like. Saute for another 4-5 minutes until everything is nice and soft and blended.
3. Now you follow the stuffing instructions above.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a clean skillet and place the pot stickers bottom down and brown then till nice and golden (approximately 3 minutes) don’t leave them alone…you DON’T want to burn them : )
5. Once they are golden on the bottom…pour enough water into the hot skillet to just cover the bottom…lower the flame to simmer…cover and simmer for approximately 3 – 4 minutes.
6. Remove the pot stickers to a plate lined with paper towel.
7. Now it is time to plate…sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with your favorite dipping sauce or sauces!
It’s not your Grandma’s Apple Pie…but it sure is delicious!