Do you ever feel like cheating on your healthy diet? Just once and awhile? Everyone needs a treat sometimes right? Well can I share with you what I cheat with once every year or so? Pickles…Beer Battered Fried Pickles with Sriracha Dipping Sauce! A great treat…fabulous snack for everyone…quick…easy to make and really budget friendly. Come with me and I will share with you my version of Fried Pickles.
These little pickle chips are hot and spicy and battered in a rich beer batter that gives you a great taste and the perfect crunch! Dipped in the Sriracha Dipping Sauce they are little slices of heaven!
So let’s make some
Fried Pickles in Beer Batter
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of all purpose flour for dredging
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of your favorite beer
salt…pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of paprika
Approximately 30 Bread and Butter pickles drained and patted dry
2 inches of canola or vegetable oil for frying
1. Crack your egg in a medium mixing bowl and beat it till foamy
2. Add your flour…baking soda and seasonings to the egg and mix
3. Now slowly pour your beer in bit by bit…lightly mixing each time till the beer is gone
4. Don’t over mix…but make sure the mixture is smooth.
(If you like a thicker batter covering you are done making your batter…but if you would like it a bit thinner…add some extra beer till it is the consistency you would like…the thinner the batter the lighter the coating.
5. Now take the reserved flour and place it on a plate. Now dredge the pickles through it…covering both sides. This way the batter will adhere nicely
6. Fill your favorite frying pan with about 2 inches of oil and bring to approximately to approximately 325 degrees or when you drop a drip of the batter it sizzles! The oil is ready. Take 1/3 of your pickles and mix them in the batter and then carefully drop them into the hot oil…they will take approximately 2 minutes on each side…but keep an eye out for that golden brown and then flip.
7. Transfer your pickles to a dish covered with paper towels and allow them to drain a bit…then move them to the serving basket…they are ready to be devoured!
Now let’s make the EASY
Sriracha Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup of Greek Plain Yogurt
1/4 cup of good Mayo
1/4 cup of Sour Cream
2 tablespoons of Sriracha (you can add more or less depending on what you enjoy
4 scallions sliced real thin (reserve some for garnish)
Real simple…mix everything together and garnish! Remember…you can change the amounts…if you like Sour Cream more than Yogurt…change it out…etc. and if you think of something you want to add…HAVE FUN!
Now Serve them up and be happy!
Hope you enjoyed this little treat…have fun making them and more fun eating them!
Looking for a bit of Healthy Food…how about trying this delicious dish for dinner!