When you feel like something salty…savory and crunchy what comes to mind? At our household it’s Asiago & Garlic Popcorn with Rosemary Salt of course! So today we have a simple recipe that you can have made in about 15 minutes and it would be perfect for a snack… a party… a barbecue or just because.
This popcorn is so delicious and really very versatile. If you have someone in the house that love Asiago cheese (that would be me) and one that loves Cheddar…Percorino…Parmesean or whatever grating cheese of choice… you can tailor this recipe so easily but just dividing the popcorn up and treating it with the different cheeses. If someone is not a fan of Rosemary Salt…that’s not a problem either..but a word to the wise… This popcorn with Asiago & Garlic with Rosemary Salt is a flavor explosion you need to try!
With the 4th of July right around the corner…why not pop up a batch of this delicious popcorn for the whole gang! Grab some brown paper bags…give them a cuff (they look great that way) …fill them up and bring this yummy treat to the whole gang. No extra dishes either!
You are going flip for this yummy treat!
2 grated cloves of garlic (by grating the garlic…it distributes very evening…you can also mince it : )
1/2 cup of your favorite popping corn kernels
2 nice sprigs of fresh Rosemary
1/2 cup of grated Asiago or cheese of your choice
4 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil or you can use all butterIf you are popping your own corn on the stove and not an air popper …you will need an additional 1/4 cup of vegetable oil or peanut oil for popping.
1 tablespoon of Rosemary Salt (quick and easy recipe follows)
1. Combine the 4 tablespoons of butter (1/2 of a stick)… the 2 tablespoons of olive oil …the 2 grated garlic cloves and a sprig of fresh Rosemary into a small saucepan. Cook over a low or low medium heat until the butter melts. Then remove from the stove while you make the popcorn. When it is time to use it…you will remove the sprig of Rosemary.
2. Now place the 1/4 cup of oil into a large pot…place about 3 kernels of corn in the oil and heat up to popping temperature…you will know it is ready when those kernels pop!
3. Pour the rest of the kernels into the pot…cover and shake. Cook over medium to high heat shaking every 15 seconds or so until the popping slows down to just a few kernels popping. There are always going to be some kernels left…but that’s ok… better than burnt popcorn.
4. Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
5. Add the butter/olive oil mixture…the cheese and the salt and toss until well covered and combined.
6. If you are using the cuffed paper bags…have 3 of them ready and fill them up. Or serve in the bowl or whatever way you would like.
7. Serve immediately while it is hot…there is nothing like HOT Popcorn but I have to tell you it is still delicious when it is cool.
1. Finely chop fresh Rosemary and add a teaspoon of it to 2 tablespoons of salt and mix well! That’s it! You can also use dried Rosemary in the same increments. If you have some left over…use it to season anything you would like. I love it for my Tomato Sauce!
If you are looking to save some calories… use air popped corn…homemade or purchased. Also you can use a bit less butter to save some calories also. If you want it to be a LOW Cal snack…just adding the Rosemary Salt and a tablespoon of flavored Olive oil is still delicious! ENJOY!
Hope you enjoy Asiago & Garlic Popcorn with Rosemary Salt!