The Summer Months are upon us and the temps are rising. There is nothing better than a homemade ice pop in one of my favorite flavors! So I made a batch of Pina Colada Popsicles for you in two versions. So come on in and get the simple and I do mean simple recipe and cool off!
4 simple ingredients!
Can you taste the coconut and pineapple…
the creamy sweet coconut milk…
and of course it wouldn’t be complete without a cherry on the top!
1 can of sweet coconut cream (brand of your choice…just make sure it is the sweetened creamy kind)
1 20 ounce can of chunk pineapple pieces with 100 percent natural pineapple juice (I am a fan of fresh but the canned pineapple is PERFECT and you need the juice : )
1/4 cup of packed sweet grated coconut…if you want to add a little more…go for it!
8 Maraschino Cherries
OPTIONAL: 4 ounces of Coconut Rum, Rum, Spiced Rum!
If you are making half and half…put two cherries in the virgin pops so you never make a mistake!
Now comes the easy part!
1. Combine the entire can of sweet coconut cream and the complete can of 20 ounce pineapple chunks and all the juice and blend on the smoothie setting of your blender or whatever one you want : ) till totally blended
2. Now add your sweetened shredded coconut and just pulse a few times to mix it in…if you are adding rum…now is the time to do it.
3. Place a cherry at the bottom of your ice pop mold and do the same if you are using a dixie cup.
4. Now pour your mixture into the molds or dixie cups…then take a straw or a chopstick and push that cherry down to the bottom in case it floated around.
5. Place the prepared pops in the freezer for about an hour and then take them out to add the popsicle stick.
6. Place them back into the freezer for another 3-4 hours and they are ready!
1. To unmold with ease…just dip the mold into warm water for about 30 seconds and then you can pull them out much easier.
2. If you used dixie cups…just snip a little cut on the side and peel off…they work like a charm…really or you can just peel them off. There is no excuse not to make your own homemade pops if you don’t have a mold…any little paper cup will work fabulously.
3. If you want to store your pops…unmold them and place them individually into little plastic bags and pop them back into the freezer.
4. Make them…make all kinds of them and you know that everyone is eating what you put into them…they are all wonderful!!!! Great way to get pure fruit into the kids too…just blend fresh fruit…add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice…maybe add some orange juice…blend and pour!)
This recipe makes approximately 8 regular size pops…if you are using a dixie cup…approximately 10!
Approximately 220 calories…hot bad at all for something so decadent!
ENJOY and BON APPETIT!