Strawberry Shortcake is one of the most popular desserts around but sometimes you just don’t have a lot of time to make one. Well I think I can help you out with that problem and the best thing about this recipe is that you can make as many or as few as you want! So come and get the scoop on these Super Simple Strawberry Shortcakes!
Before we start…I just want you to know that this recipe can be used with any kind of fruit…the possibilities are really endless…but there is just something about Strawberries that seem to win the hearts of many.
I will tell you that everyone you serve these to will be impressed and they will also feel special with there very own individual dessert!
They will never know how SUPER Simple their dessert was to make!
Super Simple Strawberry Shortcakes
1 Pre-made pound cake…use your favorite one!
Mint for garnish if you would like
2″ Round Cookie Cutter or tomato paste can washed and opened on both sides
1. Slice your pound cake the thickness you would like your layers.
2. Cut 2 circles out of each piece of pound cake (it all depends on how large the loaf is…how many you will get…cutting it length wise will give you the most room : )
3. Prepare your Whipped Cream or of course you can use cool whip or ready made whipped cream
4. Place your first layer on a dish
5. Spread approximately 2 teaspoons of condensed milk on top of the layer and spread
6. Now take a teaspoon or so of strawberry jam (or flavor of choice) and spread that on top of the condensed milk (by the way…the condensed milk will absorb into the cake)
7. Place approximately 3-4 nice slices of fresh strawberries on top of the jam
8. Now top it with whipped cream
10. Garnish with a strawberry and mint!
(You can even make these single layered for a smaller dessert. Also save those piece that are leftover when you cut the circles…cut them up in little cubes and make dessert croutons or add some pudding…or freeze the cubes for when you make trifle…so many uses for them : )
It’s Strawberry Season…So ENJOY!