You know when you are in the mood for something savory…something a bit sweet and you want it to be creamy but have a little bit and crunch to it? Well you might not know it…but this is what you want! A scrumptious Peach and Brie Panini on a ciabatta roll or your favorite bread of choice!
I have to confess…I even make this yummy sandwich for a snack but it makes the perfect lunch…brunch and with a cup of yummy soup…the perfect dinner too.
So simple to make and made of such simple fresh ingredients.
4 Ciabatta Rolls or 8 slices of your favorite bread
A handful of fresh baby spinach (about a loose cup)
2 fresh ripe peaches…washed and sliced about 1/4″ thick
8 ounces of brie cheese (2 1 ounce slices for each sandwich)
honey for drizzling
Peach or Apricot Preserves
1. Cut your roll in half and lightly spread a thin layer of preserves on the top and the bottom.
2. Place your brie cheese on top of the bottom slice.
3. Layer 1/4th of the peach slices on top of the cheese.
4. Drizzle a bit of honey to taste on top of the peaches.
5. Place 1/4th of the baby spinach on top of the peaches.
6. Close the sandwich up and press down on it a bit.
7. Brush the top and the bottom of the roll with olive oil.
8. Repeat : )
9. You can now place them in your Panini Maker or in a Skillet. Cook at medium heat and if you are using a skillet…press down on the sandwich a little bit. It should take about 2 minutes a side in the skillet and about 2 minutes in the panini maker bu you can be the judge of how you like it. The brie cheese should be warm and creamy.
10. Plate them up and enjoy with your favorite salad or soup or just as is.
You can mix things up and use different fruits…different jams…maybe arugula…use your imagination…I just find that Brie works so perfectly with all of the combinations you can come up with. Oh by the way…using fresh figs with Brie is to Die for! Enjoy!