What do you think of when you think of comfort food? Mashed Potatoes have to be at the TOP of that list! .Well today I am sharing my recipe for Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes! It’s sooooooooo easy…you will want to make mashed potatoes like this from now on in!
You want to know how easy these are? You don’t even have to peel your potatoes!!!
You literally scrub these gorgeous red skinned potatoes till they are nice and clean…cut and drop in your Crock-Pot…
with about 1 1/2 cups of veggie broth and cook on high for about 5 hours on high or 10 hours on low!
In the mean time…roast 2 bulbs of garlic til nice and caramelized! That way you can add the delicious roasted garlic with the creamy goodies to make this bowl of Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and then watch your family and friends make it disappear!
So delicious…thick …creamy and comforting! The Perfect Sunday side or your Holiday Feast!
Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
5 lbs Red Potatoes
1 !/2 cups of vegetable broth
1 stick of room temperature butter
1 8 ounce bar of room temperature cream cheese
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup of whole milk or cream
2 heads of roasted garlic
salt and pepper to taste
top with chives and if you want to be totally decadent…fold in some of your favorite grated cheese!
1. Scrub your potatoes till squeaky clean!
2. Cube the potatoes.
3. Add the cubed potatoes into the Slow Cooker along with your vegetable stock (or water)
4. Dice your 2 tablespoons of butter and add to the potatoes
5. Time to put the cover on and cook on high for 5 hours (cooking time can vary according to your slow cooker…so check the potatoes at 4 hours and see how they are doing.
6. (Drain the broth or water) Mash the potatoes for a bit…I use a hand mixer and it works perfectly…make it as smooth or lump as you want!
7. Add the rest of the butter…cream cheese…sour cream…milk…salt and pepper and squeeze all of the roasted garlic out of the 2 cloves into the potatoes and mix some more till you get the consistency you love…We like ours a little bit lumpy!
8. Top with chives or scallions…or cheese…the sky is the limit!
I LOVE that you can keep these delicious potatoes hot right in the crock pot so they are ready to eat hot at any given time!
Bon Appetit my friends…trust me…you are going to fall in love with Mashed Potatoes all over again and you will probably never want to boil them again either!