Have you noticed that there seems to be 101 Oreo Cookie flavors? Don’t get me wrong…they are all wonderful…but there is one that is missing that my family and I wished they had and that is an Oreo with Nutella filling. Am I Right…don’t you think that that would be a heavenly filling?
Well to date…this Oreo doesn’t exist so what’s a girl to do?…
make her own of course…
that is exactly what I did and WOW did they come out delicious. All you have to do is split the Oreo in half with a little twist and then spread a nice layer of Nutella on the opposite side of the cream!
Then you sandwich the two together…dip in melted chocolate and…
sprinkle with nuts!
It is totally that easy! Let’s go over it 1 more time
Chocolate Dipped Nutella Oreos
25 Regular Oreos
1 lb milk chocolate
5 – 6 ounces of Nutella or your favorite Hazel Spread
1 ounce of crushed Hazel Nus
25 whole Hazel Nuts
1. Take your Oreo cookies and split them in half (if some of the cream sticks on the other side just take a butter knife and removed it and spread it on the side with the most cream)
2. Now spread a nice layer of Nutella on the empty side.
3. Time to sandwich them together.
4. Time to melt your chocolate. You can use a double boiler or you can put your chocolate into the microwave on high for a minute…take it out and stir it…then put it back in for 30 seconds at a time till your chocolate is melted perfectly.
5. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
6. Dip each cookie into the hot melted chocolate and then place the dipped cookie onto the parchment paper.
7. Every 3-4 cookies…place the nut on the top and sprinkle with the crushed…repeat till they are all done.
8. Let them firm up and they they are ready to plate or pack into gift boxes!
You are going to love the combination of flavors and the crispy crunch of the nuts. So if there is an Oreo flavor they haven’t made yet and you really want…try creating your own!