If you love Peanut Butter and Chocolate you are in the right place! If you love a quick and easy sweet treat that everyone will love…then you are going to love this little recipe. These sweet Chocolate covered Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles are so scrumptious you are going to want to make them for everyone you know!
This super simple recipe is being created just about everywhere…
but I haven’t seen it done with Peanut Butter Oreos so…
I had to give them a try…
well what I found out is that they are truly quick and easy and they are some of the best truffles I ever had! The Peanut Butter ratio to chocolate was picture perfect and the center…oh so creamy and dreamy…
so don’t think twice…make these…in any flavor you and your family adore…they are fool proof!!! By the way…they make an incredible gift for anyone on your list…family…friends…teachers…post people…hair dresser…baby sitter…and the list goes on and on and on!
Bet you will be making them by the dozens!
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles
1 full pack of Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies
1 8 ounce package of Cream Cheese
16 ounces of milk chocolate or white chocolate or dark chocolate of your choice (the pellets that are available at your craft store are perfect or you can use chocolate chips or any other yummy chocolate)
1. Place your cookies in the food processor and pulverize to cookie dust! You can also do this in batches with your blender.
2. Cut up your softened cream cheese in smaller pieces.
3. Add the cream cheese into the food processor with the cookie dust (reserve a little bit if you would like to top your truffles with them…you can also use nuts…sprinkles…colored sugar…salt…etc.)
4. Now process till all the cream cheese is combined and you have a thick creamy blend.
5. Put your mixture into a sealed container and chill for at least 30 minutes…I let it chill for 2 hours and it was perfect!
6. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie tray and roll into small balls (you can use a melon baller to make life really easy)
7. Freeze your truffles for about 15 minutes.
7. Melt your chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave.
8. Dip you truffles one by one and place on the parchment paper…sprinkle with the topping of your choice
9. Allow to harden and VIOLA you are done!
10. Now pack these beauties up for your family or for gift giving. I suggest keeping them in the fridge!
You can mix it up with different flavor cookies…cake…toppings…chocolates…so many variations…experiment and have fun!
My friend Gina has a great Truffle delight that I know you would enjoy…so hop on over to The Shabby Creek Cottage and check out her recipe for Snowball Truffles! Perfect for all of you vanilla lovers! YUM!