If you are looking for a yummy snack for the big game or a fun appetizer for the family or a hors’doeuvr for your next party I have two words for you…Fried Ravioli!
It’s the perfect bite…
that is easy to make…
budget friendly and tastes like little crunchy pillows fill with cloud like cheese! Just add your favorite marinara sauce and you are good to go!
Let’s make some of these yummy little treats!
- 1 pound of frozen cheese raviolis (I used the small raviolis)
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup of Italian Style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of Seasoned Panko Crumbs (for extra crunch you can replace with more Italian Style Crumbs
- ½ cup of your favorite grated cheese (parmesean...pecorino romano...etc.)
- Fresh Basil and Scallion Green for garnish if desired
- Your favorite marinara sauce or sauce of choice
- You will want to fill a large frying pan with your favorite cooking oil...the oil should be 2 inches deep and heated to 325 degrees. I use ¾ canola and ¼ olive oil but you can use all canola or vegetable oil.
- Set up a breading station of 3 bowls...breadcrumb mixture...*seasoned flour...egg//buttermilk mixture
- Dip each ravioli into the seasoned flour...then then the wet mixture...then the breadcrumb mixture...place each one on a cookie sheet...repeat till all of your ravioli's are coated. Please make sure to coat each ravioli completely.
- When your oil is ready it is time to fry.
- Fry the ravioli in batches...flipping at least once until they are golden brown (approximately 3 minutes). Using a nest or slotted spoon remove the ravioli and place on to of paper towels to drain.
- Please the ravioli on your serving dish...sprinkle with grated cheese and garnish with fresh basil and scallion greens if desired.
- Bon Appetit!
- *Seasoned Flour: for 1 cup of Seasoned flour use 1 cup all purpose flour...1 teaspoon of salt...1/2 teaspoon of pepper...1 teaspoon of garlic powder...1 tablespoon of smoked paprika...mix well.
Serve these up just for fun or how about the upcoming Super Bowl Party. These are great any time and for any reason…you are going to love them! Oh you can coat these ahead of time and freeze on a cookie sheet then place in zip lock bags…that way you can just pull them out of the freezer and fry! A HUGE time saver! ENJOY!