Happy Cinco DeMayo! What better way to celebrate but with a yummy Margarita and a scrumptious taco! Well today I am sharing one of my many Vegetarian Tacos. It’s a great one for the whole family. Come on and I will show you how to make one.
I bet you are saying that it really looks like there is some grilled chicken on that taco…well there is not…but I will tell you about that later. Let’s start with the yummy Mango Salsa! It is so easy but so delicious.
For the Mango Salsa you will need:
1 Mango chopped into 1/4 inch cubes or even smaller or you can also use a cup of frozen diced mango
1 cup of chopped tomatoes of choice (I used Roma tomatoes and Yellow Cherry tomatoes
1 clove of garlic grated
1/2 bunch of scallions thinly sliced (save the other half for the Black Beans)
1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper (this is according to your heat preference)
The Lime of 2 juicy limes
Salt & Pepper to taste
Now all you have to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl…toss and combine! Viola…yummy Mango Salsa! Now let’s make the Black Beans…
For the Black Bean Spread you will need:
1 15 ounce can of black beans rinses
1/2 of a red pepper diced tiny
1/2 a jalapeno diced tiny
3 garlic cloves grated…pressed or thinly sliced
3 or 4 scallion stalks green and white sliced thin
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Now all you have to do is heat up your oil…saute your peppers…then add the scallions and garlic…stir for a few more minutes till they become soft…then add the beans…stir…and smoosh (Highly technical culinary term : ) about 1/2 of the beans…cook till everything is combined…that’s it!
Now for the faux chicken…just in case you have never tried Beyond Meat…you should and this is not a sponsored post in any way…I am just telling you because it is wonderful…healthy…no GMO’s completely Vegan…great for the environment and of course it makes all animals happy! The taste is surprisingly yummy and ultra easy to prepare…I also tasted their faux ground beef and it was delicious too. Check it out and compare it to a lot of things you might be using…it is really a great product. You can of course use any kind of protein on this taco including tofu…tempeh or anything else you can think of! Leaving off the Lime Sour Cream instantly makes this recipe Vegan : ) Here is how it was prepared!
- 1 bag of Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken or...8 ounces of grilled tofu or you can use faux ground beef...tempeh ...the sky is the limit
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp of Cayenne Pepper, Chilli Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Smoked Paprika
- Thinly slices scallions
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Thinly slice jalapenos
- Small piece of avocado
- 6 Tortillas 6 inch rounds...any kind your family prefers or of course you can use hard shells!
- Lime wedges
- For the topping if you choose all you need is ½ of sour cream mixed with a tablespoon of lime juice. Mix up until smooth and creamy to top your tacos if you choose. Leaving the cream out immediately makes this dish Vegan!
- Heat up your olive oil in a medium saute pan
- Add your protein
- Saute for about 1 minute and then sprinkle with all of the seasonings combined
- Toss around till the protein is covered and saute for about 2-3 more minutes
- Viola...it's done!
- Warm your Tortillas
- Serve all of the items in their own bowls...don't forget to put some Hot Sauce on the table to...now to assemble...place some of the Black Bean Spread on the bottom of the Tortilla...then add your protein...top with the Mango Salsa ...then some of the Lime Cream if you like and then any or all of the other toppings. Add some of your favorite toppings...the sky is the limit. These are really delicious.
- Now it is time to assemble your tacos.
I really think you are going to enjoy these. My family sure did. They are easy to prepare…look fabulous…taste delicious and the bonus is is that they are really healthy and have everything you need on one Tortilla! Who said Vegetarian and Vegan Food is boring! No way…there is an entire world of incredible Vegetarian Food out there…check out this blog every Saturday for a collection of Vegetarian and Vegan dishes from the best food bloggers out there…we will be bringing you the new recipes as they happen…so stay in touch…I promise it will be delicious! These recipes are perfect for the non Vegetarian that is looking to replace a meal or two each week…great for Meatless Monday too!