I have to admit…I had never heard of Pimento Cheese..I don’t know if it is because I am from New Jersey (aka…Northern East Coast)…but it took my dear friend Gina who lives in the heart of Tennessee to fill me in on it’s goodness! So today I am sharing my version of Pimento Cheese …it has an ingredient that is not usually in it…but let me tell you…it works!
One of the things I love about this Pimento Cheese Spread is that it is completely versatile! It spreads beautifully on crackers…toast and everything in between!
Then you can add it into Mac and Cheese…it makes a fabulous Grilled Cheese and you can add things like some yummy fresh tomato…spinach…well you get it…anything you would like! The sky is the limit…you can let your imagination run wild…I am actually thinking of adding some into my rice balls…when I do I will share it with you!
Here you go…just remember you can add more heat to yours or less…the recipe is very flexible…if you happen not to like goat cheese (my special ingredient) you can replace it with more cream cheese…if there is something you think would be yummy in it…go ahead and give it a go…I know it will be delish! Here you go!
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 ounce of goat cheese
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 12 ounces of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated
- 8 ounces of Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 1 teaspoon of grated Scallions
- 7 ounces of finely chopped pimento (aka...roasted peppers)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1-2 cloves of finely grated garlic
- ½ teaspoon of freshly grounded pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, goat cheese, scallions, garlic. salt & pepper in the bowl of your electric mixer. Now it is time to mix all these ingredients until everything is combined thoroughly. Here's a tip...make sure your cream cheese and goat cheese is room temperature...it creams easier but it is still ok if there is a lump or two : )
- Now it is time to combine the grated cheese in with the creamy mixture. Just keep folding and mixing until everything is mixed together.
- Time to fold the pimentos and parsley into the mixture.
- Tips...if you love your cheese extra creamy...add the shredded cheese in smaller amounts...that way if you hit the consistency that you love...you can then stop adding cheese. If you like it thicker...then you can add more...it is all about how you like it!
- For best results...allow the Pimento Cheese Spread to chill for about 4 hours before using.
Sure hope you enjoy this…the goat cheese just gives it a tang that kicks the flavor up one more notch! It lasts in the fridge for up to 3 weeks tightly sealed…ENJOY!