Have you heard? Today is National Pancake Day!!! Can’t let that day slip by without a tasty nod to a Breakfast staple! I thought about all the fancy pancakes that I could make but in the end I thought it would be a great idea to share my Family Recipe for Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes and then as a bonus…we will whip up some yummy butter that is to die for! So get out your favorite syrups…toppings and whatever else your heart desires and get to flipping these yummy discs of happiness!
These are perfect just the way they are and the family will come running when they see that you are making stacks for everyone!
They are easy to make and the richness of the buttermilk and melted butter is over the top delicious!
So it is time to get out that flour…sugar and all the other makings of a perfect stack!
Sure hope you celebrate this yummy day with some of these Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes! If you want to mix it up a little…when you flip them add some thin slices of bananas..maybe some blueberries…how about some chocolate chips…use your imagination or just enjoy them the way they are…you are going to love them either way!
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1¾ cups of flour (not sifted)
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 or 2 cups of heavy cream
- In a small bowl combine all of your dry ingredients and mix it up.
- In a larger bowl crack your 2 eggs and beat them...
- then add the buttermilk and melted butter and whisk everything together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and blend everything together...the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- If the batter is too thick...add a touch of buttermilk and if it is too thin...add a touch of flour
- Allow to sit for about 10 minutes
- Now cook your pancakes on a preheated griddle (375 is the perfect temp)
- Make the pancakes whatever size you would like
- If you need to keep them warm...place on a lined cookie sheet in a 250 oven
- Serve with your favorite syrups...toppings and whatever else your family and friends love.
- Want some over the top delicious Whipped Butter?
- It's so easy!
- Place your heavy cream into your mixer
- Add a pinch of salt
- Mix on low medium for approximately 5 minutes
- Voila you have Butter!
- If you don't have a mixer...place the cream into a jar
- Put the lid on tightly
- Shake for approximately 8 minutes...it's a little work out...but worth it in the end!