I am really excited today because we are adding a new series on The Cottage Market… Quick and Easy Instant Pot Recipes and our first Instant Pot Recipe to kick it off it Instant Pot Rustic Italian Farfalle. In the blink of an eye you will have a piping hot …healthy and oh so tasty meal that will make you smile…it’s perfect for anyone’s diet…it’s Vegan but you can add some good grated cheese and it is still Vegetarian! Even if you are not a veggie…you are going to love this. Make a great quick dinner…just add a salad and you are good to go. Hope you enjoy this new series. Bon Appetit!
The recipe awaits below…but here is a little picture step by step!
- ½ lb farfalle pasta, uncooked
- 1-20oz can diced tomatoes WITH juice
- 1-2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, minced
- ½-1 cup olives
- ½ cup water (or ½ cup wine, ½ cup broth)
- Parmesan cheese, optional garnish
- Basil leaves, torn, optional garnish
- Olive oil, optional garnish
- Red chile flakes, optional seasoning
- Recipe note: this recipe allows you some wiggle room for adjusting the zucchini and olives to your personal taste, but do not adjust the amount of tomatoes or water to ensure proper cooking.
- Place the onions, garlic, olives and zucchini in the bottom of your instant pot.
- Measure out and add the pasta overtop in an even layer.
- Top with the diced tomatoes and a ½ cup of water. Add a few extra olives on top for good measure!
- Close and seal your Instant Pot before selecting your settings.
- Choose the "Soup" setting and reduce the cook time to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cook for the full amount of time and you can choose to natural or quick release. I chose the quick release method which took about 2-3 minutes but it will cause the tomatoes to spatter a bit within the pot.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, a swirl of olive oil, and some torn basil.
So…how easy was that? Are you hungry? You can have this whipped up in no time…Bon Appetit!!!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|