We have a brand new Down The Rabbit Hole for you this week filled with all kinds of fun links that will lead you down the Rabbit Hole…hoping to find fun and fabulous things you would never have seen! Then of course we have an awesome Giveaway from my favorite things collection and then the most important of all we have a new Animal Charity…when you comment you are automatically entered into the Giveaway and for each comment $1 is donated by us to the Charity of the week! So come on in and enjoy the fun!!! This weekly event is a Win Win Win!!!
Vol 12. Welcome friends! I am going to be doing a little something new on Saturdays. The Cottage Market in the early years (aka…before I knew any thing about blogging lol) had a little segment called Down The Rabbit Hole. It was a collection of random links that I found throughout the week that I loved and think you will do. So I thought it was time to bring it back New and Improved, because I am going to be adding a little Giveaway each week…a little something that I found fun and thought you would like. The items are not sponsored and are purchased directly by me to send you a smile. My approach to this New Year is living more simply and putting more emphasis on the “little things” and the important things in life like kindness…compassion…health…family…love of animal…charity…well I think you get the picture… So on Saturday’s sharing some fun links…sending someone a smile with a token of my appreciation will be the norm. You can enter the Giveaway by simply leaving a comment. There is another very important facet to Saturday’s Down The Rabbit Hole…for EACH comment left The Cottage Market…aka myself and my family will be donating $1 to a deserving charity each week which we will announce and be accountable for…so let’s leave those comments . Tell us what your favorite things are and spread the love. The Cottage Market is also making a personal pledge to donate 5 percent of our net earnings to Charity this year…it’s a way of giving back and that is so very important to us. So come on in an enjoy…spread the love and maybe win a little something cool while donating to charity. Scroll on down to see this weeks FUN Giveaway! (remember…blue words are clickable : )
- I never thought about this till now and it is really true…there is one behavior that separates the successful from the average!
- I know that you all love the little quizzes…so come and Choose The Perfect Dog And We’ll Tell You Your Dream Job.
- Mix up your quiche a bit with this incredible hash brown crust!
- This is the staircase that I believe is in OZ! or all the staircases: Drop by and see all of these 10 unique Staircases!
- Joanna was always inspired by the Displays in NYC when she was in College…now she takes that inspiration for her own installations…you are going to love them!
- Everyone Needs Socks and How Cute are These…plus all of the Proceeds from the socks will go to Animal Hope and Wellness, a non-profit organization focused solely on rescuing abused dogs and dogs from the meat trade throughout Asia. They rescue them, provide full rehabilitation services, and then work to find them perfect homes. I am buying these socks…how about you…it’s a direct donation for such a worthy cause.
- So many of you love the Industrial Contemporary Farmhouse Style…so I thought you would flip over this fabulous Raw Edge Concrete DIY Plant Stand over at La!
- So many of you loved the embroidery DIY we featured a bit ago…so I thought many of you would adore this Quick and Easy Beginners Embroidery Project…don’t you just love the Monograms! ENJOY!
- Need a Dessert to Die For : )…then you must try this No-Bake Salted Butterscotch Chocolate Tart…YUM!
- Do you love to journal? How about some artistic inspiration for your next entry!
- Love Art? Well here is some art that is good enough to eat…
- Just in case you are looking for a little virtual Vacay…take a trip over to Design Love Fest and chill for a bit…maybe have your favorite cocktail! The coolest thing is that this is her weekend at home!
New Anthropology Mug! You get to pick your favorite!
This Week’s Charity is: Mr. Bones & Co.
Founded in 2013, Mr. Bones & Co., is an all-volunteer based 501(c)3 animal welfare non-profit supporting animal rescue and advocacy in our own backyard of New York City, as well as on a national and global level. Our main function is canine rescue, via One Lucky Pup, our signature rescue, rehabilitation and adoption program. While we emphasize Pit Bull rescue we accept all breeds into our program. OLP specializes in dogs facing extraordinary challenges, whether it be extensive emergency veterinary care/surgery, unfair breed discrimination or those languishing in municipal shelters with behavioral issues that make them harder to place. Our experience in the deepest of these rescue trenches gives us keen insight into understanding the challenges of animal welfare. We focus on the quality of our cases, not the quantity. By keeping our program small, typically no more than fifteen dogs at a time, we are able to put an intensive amount of attention into each dog and evaluate their needs intimately to determine their best home. This individualized plan of care enhances the adoption process, making less room for negative variables to occur post-adoption.
MBC also provides support to existing shelters and rescue groups via outreach initiatives including spay/neuter events, fundraising, and adoption support. We award numerous grants each year for a variety of services; pet care and emergency assistance to low income families, adoption training to help harder to place dogs find homes, and assistance to selfless animal rescuers doing what they can on their own. We believe animal welfare is a community effort and work hard to be part of the bigger picture.
Also check out their charity event … Rescue the Runway!
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Winner of the Anthropologie Mug is:
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|