It seems everyone loves tacos! And believe me, I am not an exception to the rule. I mean really what’s not to like about tacos? And just because I am a vegetarian doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a delicious taco when the mood hits me. I don’t know about you but I prefer soft tacos especially when they’re warmed in a skillet and piled high with lots of yummy veggies, then topped with a big dollop of sour cream. So celebrate Cinco de Mayo with our yummy Soft Veggie Tacos and don’t fret because we have something extra yummy to wash it all down. Salud!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup sliced crimini or baby portabellas (psst they're the same thing)
- 1 cup chopped yellow, white, or Spanish onions
- 1 cup sliced red and green jalapeños
- 1 large red sweet bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- sea salt
- freshly ground black peppercorns
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Slice, chop and shred all of the vegetables and cheese ahead of time. Prepping all of your ingredients is the key to cutting down the preparation time when it comes to getting food on the table without a lot of fuss.
- In a large skillet placed over med-high heat, add one tablespoon of EVOO. When the oil is hotsauté, onions, mushrooms, red and green bell peppercorns, add sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste. Set veggies aside.
- Wipe the excess oil from the skillet. one by one lightly warm flour tortillas.
- Place flour tortillas on a serving place and fill with sautéd veggies, add fresh cilantro.
Additional toppings: avocado, sour cream, salsa, blue cheese, chopped olives, cherry tomatoes, Swiss chard, kale, or roasted sweet corn kernels.
Check Out Our Strawberry Lime Margarita!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|