We have a brand new Down The Rabbit Hole for you this week filled with all kinds of fun links that will lead you down the Rabbit Hole…hoping to find fun and fabulous things you would never have seen! Then of course we have an awesome Giveaway from my favorite things collection and then the most important of all we have a new Animal Charity…when you comment you are automatically entered into the Giveaway and for each comment $1 is donated by us to the Charity of the week! So come on in and enjoy the fun!!! This weekly event is a Win Win Win!!!
Vol 16. Welcome friends! I am going to be doing a little something new on Saturdays. The Cottage Market in the early years (aka…before I knew any thing about blogging lol) had a little segment called Down The Rabbit Hole. It was a collection of random links that I found throughout the week that I loved and think you will do. So I thought it was time to bring it back New and Improved, because I am going to be adding a little Giveaway each week…a little something that I found fun and thought you would like. The items are not sponsored and are purchased directly by me to send you a smile. My approach to this New Year is living more simply and putting more emphasis on the “little things” and the important things in life like kindness…compassion…health…family…love of animal…charity…well I think you get the picture… So on Saturday’s sharing some fun links…sending someone a smile with a token of my appreciation will be the norm. You can enter the Giveaway by simply leaving a comment. There is another very important facet to Saturday’s Down The Rabbit Hole…for EACH comment left The Cottage Market…aka myself and my family will be donating $1 to a deserving charity each week which we will announce and be accountable for…so let’s leave those comments . Tell us what your favorite things are and spread the love. The Cottage Market is also making a personal pledge to donate 5 percent of our net earnings to Charity this year…it’s a way of giving back and that is so very important to us. So come on in an enjoy…spread the love and maybe win a little something cool while donating to charity. Scroll on down to see this weeks FUN Giveaway! (remember…blue words are clickable : )
- Want to know how people you share your name with!!! Check out this site!
- Thought you would enjoy a recap of Season 4 of Fixer Upper! Can’t wait for Season 5!
- This is information that every pet lover should know!
- I don’t know what but I am fascinated with all things tiny…have no idea what to do with them…but I love to watch them being made : ) I thought that you might enjoy it too!
- The perfect gift for MOM!
- I love that this company gives back! The perfect gift…make a child happy and donate to a great charity…from Children to Dogs…a WIN WIN!!! You will see on their website that Build-A-Bear supports many charities like Make-A-Wish, Toys For Tots and Huggable Heroes. What you don’t know is that they also generously donate to dog rescues and shelters across the country such as 4 Luv of Dog Rescue, Danbury Animal Welfare Society, Red Rover and Oregon Greyhound Adoption.
- If you want inspiration for a smaller space such as an apartment…come and see how this small space got a makeover and all I can say is WOW!
- Do you have someone in your life that loves to sew and loves donuts? Well then this Donut Pin Cushion is for them…heck it’s for anyone …it is just too cute!
- A great Upcycle DIY to use all those extra silverware pieces!
- On one of my trips down the rabbit hole I wound up in Australia and saw this incredible place!
- Follow these 2 steps to achieve Pasta Perfection that will speed up cooking time on those busy night!
- If you want to laugh…shed a few happy tears…feel warm inside and have an internal hope flame with in you…then you have to check out this wonderful book that will be hitting shelves soon… So Close To Amazing by KariAnne Wood from Thistlewood Farms will do all of the above and more! So many of you know her blog which is unforgettable just like this book! I was lucky enough to get a sneak read so I can personally guarantee that you are going to love this!
New Anthropology Mug! You get to pick your favorite!
This Week’s Charity is: Dachshund Rescue of North America
Dachshund Rescue of North America is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with one sole purpose — rescuing, rehabilitating and re-homing needy dachshunds and mostly dachshund mixes. We are a network of experienced rescue people with strong representation in the northeast, mid-Atlantic, midwest, and southeast. DRNA began with a small number of rescuers who worked independently for a year before incorporating in 1999 to realize the benefits of combining resources. Over our history we have placed well over 8,000 dogs, and are by far the largest dachshund rescue organization in the country.
What We Do
Most dogs spend at least a short time in foster care so we can evaluate their behaviors in a home setting. We can give potential adopters information on how they may interact with cats, kids, men, women, other dogs, and so on. These are vital components to a good match. We also try to improve potty training skills if they are not already house trained. Foster homes provide good nutrition and an understanding lap to prepare our dachshunds for life in a world where fear and starvation are non-existent.
All dogs placed by DRNA have been checked out by a veterinarian. The following procedures have been completed:
• Spayed or neutered
• Rabies vaccine
• DHPPC vaccine
• Fecal tested – negative
• Heartworm test – negative. If they are found heartworm positive, they are treated as long as they are deemed healthy enough to undergo the treatment. If not, we examine what options are available or keep them in foster while improving their health status. This will be noted on their dog page.
• Dental cleaning, if needed.
We also try to identify, if not treat, any long-term conditions such as thyroid imbalance, allergies, diabetes, etc. so that you, as the adopter, know what you are committing to.
How We Do It
DRNA has a standard placement fee, regardless of the condition in which the dog was received. We are able to accomplish this through the generosity of donations. We think that there IS a home somewhere for every dog we foster. Some just take a little longer to find.
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Winner of the Anthropologie Mug is:
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|