The chilly weather is upon on and there is one treat that will warm you from the inside out and that is Fabulous Fall Mulled Wine. The taste of apples… cinnamon…oranges and a great Tawny Port Wine is a little slice of heaven. This drink is super simple to make and everyone is going to love it. Great for company or just a cozy evening at home. Be prepared to make it over and over again no matter what the Season! Keep that wine stocked and enjoy!
- 1 750 ml bottle of red wine, tawny ports work well
- 1½ cups good Apple Cider
- 1 Pink Lady Apple, cut into slices
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into slices
- 2 Navel Orange, one orange cut in half, one orange peeled, cut orange peel into thin strips
- 10 whole cloves
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Pour wine or tawny port into a decanter 15 minutes before making mulling mixture.
- Into a medium-size stock pot add apple cider, Granny Smith apple slices, one orange cut in half, whole cloves, and two cinnamon sticks.
- When the mixture begins to steam add wine or port, then cover with a tight-fitting lid a allow mixture to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mulled from heat.
- Ladle warm mulled wine into stemless wine glasses and garnish with slices of Pink lady apples, orange peel slices, and a cinnamon stick.
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|