Here is a simple and yummy Slow Cooker Spanish Veggie Rice Dish with a bonus Video Included! It makes a perfect side or you can add the protein of your choice (I add tofu) and you have a meal. You can top it with a bit of Creme or Sour Cream for a little extra zing. I also like to add a hot pepper of choice for some heat but that is totally up to you : ) You will have this in the Crock Pot in a snap …then walk away…in 2 hours it is ready to eat. I do believe you are going to enjoy this one and the whole family will too. If you decide to use brown rice…add at least a 1/2 cup more of liquid and cook for an extra half an hour. I love brown rice but I do have to say that I enjoy this recipe much more with white rice. Oh…I have to mention that this keeps perfectly in the fridge for close to a week and reheats like a charm.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- ¼ diced green bell pepper
- ¼ diced red bell pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro and shredded cheese for garnish
- Combine rice, broth, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a slow cooker, and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add in diced peppers and tomatoes, then quickly cover and cook another hour.
- Serve garnished with cheese and cilantro.
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|