Hello my friends! How are you. Are you ready to take a trip Down The Rabbit Hole where Cool Links & Pet Charity Meet. Come and explore all kinds of fun and interesting sites. There are a few this week that are a bit odd…but interesting : ) Our Feature Instagram Pet is a total treat and the Rescue that we are contributing to this week is FABULOUS…just scroll down and read all about BADASS Brooklyn Animal Rescue. You will be amazed at the wonderful work they do…it will warm your heart! Please share this information…we just want more and more people to know about these incredible small rescues that are the heartbeat of Rescue throughout the World.
Here’s a bit of information about Down The Rabbit Hole! I am thrilled that you are joining us today. You never know where each link will lead you and where you will go next. Down The Rabbit Hole is also a place to give back…for every comment you make a dollar is donated to the Pet Charity of the Week along with a base donation of $25 : ) and then we top it all with a little Giveaway that also benefits Animal Rescues …the mug gives 35 meals back to rescue: ) It’s a win win win!!!
- Shmooshy is living her best life! This rescue dwarf mini horse is truly one of the coolest animals on instagram!
- Nate’s House is absolutely wonderful!
- Twix Spread!
- OMG…would you be brave enough to stay in the house on vacation?
- These crazy pictures of the Japanese Subways makes me think that NYC Subways are not so bad!!!
- I Love ART in all shapes and sizes and when I saw The Painted Garages of Berkeley…I had to share…so random…so down the Rabbit Hole but super cool!
- LOVE THIS!!! RescueStrong donates 50 percent of all their sales to Animal Rescue…how cool is that. I am going to get one of these…not only does it donate…but it helps you spread the word on how great dogs are and how much they deserve all things wonderful!
- If you love your family…make them this cake…OMG!!!
- I LOVE a happy ending and I know you will too!
- Every home needs a DIY smile like this one!!!
- Believe it or not Easter is a hop skip and a jump away…so when I saw this cake I had to share…this is a MUST MAKE CAKE!!!
- A Fabulous Craft Blog that is talking about Fabulous Craft Blogs!!! Snatch up the treasure trove of DIYS and ENJOY!
An Elephant in the Garden Mug from TheAnimalRescueSite.com
(this purchase will donate 35 meals to an animal in need!)
Charity of the Week: Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue
Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit network of rescuers, fosters and volunteers who work together to rescue, rehabilitate and find homes for sweet, loving, adoptable dogs from pounds in the rural south. The dogs we rescue are in danger of imminent death as they are on the kill lists at very high volume, high kill pounds. Some of these animal control facilities use extremely inhumane practices like gas chambers and heartstick to euthanize the dogs and many have kill rates over 90% before rescues get involved.
When we commit to rescuing a dog, we make sure the dog is well cared for and properly vetted. We spay/neuter, vaccinate, test for heartworm, provide flea and heartworm preventative, and deworm at private vets local to the shelter they come from. We treat illnesses before adoption, most often heartworm, but have also treated parvo and distemper, and provided for necessary surgeries for dogs with serious injuries. The dogs stay in local fosters or boarding for at least 2 weeks or until they are healthy enough to travel. Then they ride up north with professional rescue transporters who make sure their ride is as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
When they arrive, the dogs go into foster homes where they get training and experience living in a home environment before adoption. Some of the lucky ones even get adopted upon arrival! We want the dogs to be in the best possible adoptive home, so we are diligent in finding the right match. Our thorough process includes three personal references, a vet reference and a home visit.
As an all-volunteer, non-profit 501c3 organization, all of our resources go directly to rescuing, rehabilitating, and re-homing Badass dogs. It takes a lot of money, time, space, and brainpower to rescue responsibly and we can use all the help we can get. If you can foster a dog, volunteer your time and skills, or donate funds or goods, please let us know. It takes a great community of dedicated people to save these deserving dogs and we welcome your involvement.
List of Charities Down The Hole Had Donated To:
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Winner of the Mug is:
Please contact me with your full name and address at: TheCottageMarket@gmail.com
For more Fun Dog Links…click here!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|