Hello my friends! How are you. Are you ready to take a trip Down The Rabbit Hole where Cool Links & Pet Charity Meet. Come and explore all kinds of fun and interesting sites. We have some cool links this week that I think you will have fun with! Our Feature Instagram Pet is a total treat and the Rescue that we are contributing to this week is INCREDIBLE!!!…just scroll down and read all about Second Chance Rescue of NYC… it is an amazing one! I LOVE this Pet Charity and wish there were a thousand more like them. Please share this information…we just want more and more people to know about these incredible small rescues that are the heartbeat of Rescue throughout the World.
Here’s a bit of information about Down The Rabbit Hole! I am thrilled that you are joining us today. You never know where each link will lead you and where you will go next. Down The Rabbit Hole is also a place to give back…for every comment you make a dollar is donated to the Pet Charity of the Week along with a base donation of $25 : ) and then we top it all with a little Giveaway that also benefits Animal Rescues …the mug gives 35 meals back to rescue: ) It’s a win win win!!!
- This Mr. Bones & Co. alumni will bring a smile to your face!
- This small space has the BEST ideas ever for making use of every square inch and look amazing doing it!
- Have you seen the Copp House on Fixer Upper? WOW what an entrance!
- World renown artist David Hockney takes to his ipad each day to continue his creative process…I just saw his exhibit at the Met and was mesmerized by watching the feed constantly change with his daily paintings he does with his thumb. At 76 he won’t be stopping his art any time soon… awesome!
- Now this man really deserved a Stamp!
- As we celebrate Black History Month I thought you would love to see the Artist that painted First Lady Michelle Obama’s Portrait. I love how her completely unique style will stand out throughout history. Also great to have more women artists represented!
- Since I shared Michelle’s Portrait I am going to share the artist that created President Barack Obama’s Portrait. I love that African Art is being represented here…love this portrait and its free spirit. One thing for sure it is the most unique ever.
- Come and see how No Kid Eats Alone Day was celebrated and is being celebrated every day…my wish is that it grows and grows and grows!!! Sometimes you just have to look for the “GOOD” news : )
- If you are looking for a quick 30 minute podcast that will fill you in on what is trending that day…drop by and check out the Free NY Times Podcast called the Daily.
- If you want to know what it is like to float on a cloud in heaven …then make this Recipe!!!
- Even though Valentine’s Day has passed…these little DIY Cat Toys are just too cute not to make for your little kitty!!!
- I took this little quiz and got the WRONG results…how about you?
An Elephant in the Garden Mug from TheAnimalRescueSite.com
(this purchase will donate 35 meals to an animal in need!)
Charity of the Week: Second Chance Rescue NYC
In 2009 Second Chance Rescue NYC began as a small dream, founded on the firm belief that all animals deserve love and care, and that no animal should ever be subjected to abuse, neglect or homelessness. We are 100% not for profit and to date have relied solely on donations from the public. Our mission is to offer a second chance to those less fortunate—those with critical medical, emotional or behavioral issues. We are a lifeline for thousands of cats and dogs that otherwise wouldn’t stand a chance.
Animals rescued by Second Chance are transported to private veterinarians for proper medical treatment, where they are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped and tested for heart-worm before being placed into new, loving homes. We also provide immediate emergency veterinary care and rehabilitation for those that require it—from bottle-feeding newborns to hospice care for senior and/or sick animals.
Our organization does not have a brick-and-mortar shelter; but rather, we rely on volunteers who open their hearts and doors to our animals. We ensure the long-term well-being of rescues by placing them in foster homes or private boarding facilities, where they receive the compassion, care and socialization vital to making them adoptable family pets and thriving members of society. Moreover, our volunteers think outside the box, drawing on their varied talents to create awareness for our mission via art, photography, media and literature.
Knowing that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Second Chance Rescue strives to prevent shelter overpopulation through community outreach. We have established a presence and built trusting relationships in communities, where we educate residents on the importance of animal welfare and the prevention of animal abuse/neglect. We also address the critical need for accessible and affordable pet care, serving as a liaison between the public and organizations that provide low-cost veterinary services, spay/neuter programs, as well as pet food donations in New York City. By improving the lives of people and their pets we believe we can bring about meaningful social change.
Since 2009 Second Chance Rescue has saved countless dogs and cats; meanwhile, our small dream has grown into an organization with over a million (and growing) Facebook fans. As one can imagine, the costs associated with running an operation of this magnitude are extortionate, and it is only thanks to our amazing team of dedicated volunteers and the benevolent donations of our followers that any of this is possible.
List of Charities Down The Hole Had Donated To:
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Winner of the Mug is:
Please contact me with your full name and address at: TheCottageMarket@gmail.com
For more Fun Dog Links…click here!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|