Fall in a Jar Week continues with some Spooky and oh so HOT HOT HOT Halloween Hot Sauce Recipes. They even come with their own haunting Free Printable Tags. We have Ghostly Slime which is a blend of Jalapenos and other ghostly spices that has a bit of a kick and then there is the Vampire’s Curse which would make the Devil himself Sweat (garlic included for extra protection! ) So BEWARE!
- Ghostly Slime:
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or canola
- 18-22 sliced or diced Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 Serrano Peppers
- 5 cloves of garlic microplaned
- 1 bunch of scallions thinly slice (green and white)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2½ cups of water
- 1 cup of white or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vampire's Curse
- 20 Cayenne Peppers
- 2 Red Habaneros Peppers
- 4 Red Serrano Peppers
- 4 other hot or sweet peppers of your choice
- 6 microplaned cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of thinly slice scallions (white and green)
- 3 cups of water
- 1¼ cups of White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil
- GHOSTLY SLIME
- In your heavy sauce pan over high medium heat place your oil, sliced peppers, garlic, scallions the saute for approximately 8 minutes (until everything is nicely combined and semi soft).
- Add the water, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes stirring frequently.
- Place mixture in food processor for about 4 minutes on medium ...while blending...add the vinegar in a stream. Blend till nice and smooth.
- Time to pour into your favorite jars, this will keep in the fridge for 4-6 months but you can also go through the regular canning process for a longer shelf life.
- VAMPIRES CURSE
- In your heavy sauce pan combine the oil, peppers, garlic, scallions, and salt. Saute for 8 minutes (until combined and semi soft).
- Add the water, bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until the liquid is evaporated. (Stirring often)
- Cool the mixture
- Place in your food processor
- On Medium Speed blend puree for 30 sedong and then slowly feed the vinegar in a steady stream.
- Time to strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, stirring and pressing to get all the liquid you possibly can from it.
- Place in an air tight bottle and let it age in the fridge.
- This will store in the fridge for 4-6 months in an air tight bottle
- Warning...this is HOT HOT HOT...it should be used in moderation or as a flavoring in soups...etc...
So there you have it my friends…a bit of HEAT for sure! The Ghostly Slime is great on tamales, tacos, all kinds of different foods. Delicious added into dips! Use your imagination!
The Vampires Curse is MORE than just a little HEAT! It should be used sparingly. A drop or two is all you will need. You can add it to soup, stews, taco filling, anywhere you want some heat. I just want you to know that is has intense heat so use carefully.
Both of these Hot Sauces make fabulous gifts and look great with the haunting Free Printable Tags. Sure hope you enjoy!
Now it is time to visit my friends!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|