There is nothing like a warm and comforting meal waiting for you when you get home from a long day at work or school! A meal that can be put together in a snap in the morning before you leave! Well here is a Slow Cooker Veggie Sausage Soup that will be a family favorite! With a bit of chopping and a little browning you will have this yummy soup in your slow cooker in no time! Then set it and forget it till you get home when you will just add two more ingredients before serving. This is a hearty vegetarian meal but of course you can use any sausage of choice…but I have to tell you this veggie sausage is DELICIOUS! Come and watch the quick video and the recipe is waiting for you too.
Piping hot…nice and comforting!
Filled with hearty veggies…delicious broth…protein rich beans …filling and oh so tasty!
- 2 15oz of Rinsed Northern White Beans
- 1 large potato diced small
- 6 large carrots diced small
- 3 stalks of celery dice small
- 1 bunch of scallions sliced thin (green and white)
- 1 lb browned Veggie Sausage
- 4 closed of garlic microplaned with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 40 ounces of Veggie Stock
- 12 ounces of baby spinach
- 1-2 veggie bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large by leaf
- 2 tablespoons of prepared pesto
- 1 Parmesan rind or small piece
- Wash and clean your veggies
- Chop your veggies (you can do this ahead of time)
- Slice and brown your Sausageless Sausage in a tablespoon or two of olive oil, just to get some color
- Put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker except the Spinach and the Bouillon Cube.
- Pour your broth on top and stir well
- Place the cover on and allow to cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours
- Right before serving add your baby spinach and bouillon cube and stir till everything is combined
- Allow to cook for 15-30 minutes more and then you are ready to serve!
- I just wanted to add that we like our broth a little bit thicker so at the end when we add the spinach and bouillon cube I add 2 tablespoons of flour with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir that through...it thickens it just a little bit and I wanted to let you know that that was an option.
- Serve in a crock or soup bowl, add your toppings and ENJOY!
So if you are looking for YUMMY and EASY…you just found a recipe you can keep on file! Serve it up with some of your favorite toppings…we love a good grated Precorino Romano…some chopped tomatoes…sliced green onions and a drizzle of olive oil. You could even add some small pasta to the soup too! It’s all about what you like. I like mine HOT so I add thinly sliced hot peppers …tailor it to you tastes! Sure hope you enjoy!
Just a quick note and I tell you this because it is delicious…this is not sponsored in any way…I used Trader Joe’s Sausageless Sausage for my recipe. It is a pretty amazing vegetarian substitute…easy to get…so I wanted to share!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|