This is no ordinary Potato Dish…it’s like a Tater Tot, Kale and Mushroom Parfait. Layers of savory goodness that blend together in perfect harmony oh yes…the Tater Tots add some major fun! You will feel like a kid when you are eating this dish. The perfect 2 in one side dish…all you need is a protein or salad and you are good to go. If you are not a Kale lover you can always substitute with Spinach. If Onions are not your thing…just skip them…believe me it will still be yummy. The whole family is going to love this one and it is also perfect when you want to serve something different, delicious and impressive to your guests! Who said Tater Tots can’t be high class! Sure hope you try this…let us know when you do. Bon Appetit!
THE COTTAGE MARKET TV
Tater Tot, Kale, & Mushroom Parfait
Author: Andrea Cammarata
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 stick of good quality unsalted butter
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Chipotle smoked sea salt
- freshly cracked black peppercorns
- Bake, Pan-Fry and Stir something
- Preheat oven and prepare the tater tots according to the package instructions.
- In a medium size skillet and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. When the butter is melted add the sliced onions and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns. Cook the onions med-high heat to brown lightly brown them adjust the temperature to low and cook them for twenty (20) minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook over low heat for ten (10) minutes covered. Remove the onions and mushrooms from the skillet and set aside. Add one (1) tablespoon of EVOO. Adjust the stovetop to med-high, when the oil is hot pan-fry the chopped kale and add sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns. Remove the skillet from direct heat.
- Make the smashed potatoes
- Roughly peel russet potatoes, slice lengthwise and cut into quarters.
- Place cut potatoes into a stock pot and cover potatoes with 2-3 inches of water and set over med-high heat. Cook potatoes until they are easily pierced with the tines of a fork.
- Use a large slotted spoon and place the potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 stick of quality unsalted butter, pan-fried kale, McCormick Chipotle smoked sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns. Mix well.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add cream of mushroom and ¼ cup of whole milk, stir until the cream of mushroom is the consistency if a sauce. Adjust the stovetop to it's lowest setting to keep it warm.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of cream of mushroom sauce into the bottom of a serving glass, next add 3-4 tater tots, spoon in a ½ cup of smashed potatoes with kale, add some caramelized onions, mushrooms, and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add another layer of ingredients and top with tater tots, caramelized onions, mushroom, grated cheese and cream of mushroom sauce.
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|