Nobody really looks forward to Mondays, do they? Regardless if we like them or not…we have no choice but to face them with a smile. Today we are offering some Sunday hacks that might just make your week run a little smoother and prepare you for a happy week ahead. So…are you ready for 8 Sunday Hacks To Make A Better Week?
- Make it an Easy Monday: Making sure you’re ready for Monday and the rest of the week really assures that things run smoothly. If you have a hard time getting back into the regular work week after the weekend, try to make sure there is nothing “extra” planned for Monday. Make it a standard routine day. This way you’re less likely to forget things or stress out on Sunday making extra preparations. It’s easier to get back into the swing of things if you jump right back into your “normal” situation.
- Set Your Planner for the Week: The act of actually, physically writing things down is proven to improve your memory. Take some time during your Sunday hacks to sit down and check and fill in your planner or make lists for the week. It doesn’t matter if it’s on a giant family whiteboard, a personal planner book, or a sheet of paper you can tape to the wall, just write it out! Make sure you have everything you know of for the week from your phone, emails, school bulletins and more. Making sure everything is in one place creates a clear schedule and minimized any conflicts for the week to come.
- Prep Your Kitchen: Take some time early in your day for these Sunday hacks. First, go through your fridge and clean it out. Throw anything away that’s been in there too long. Then clean your storage containers and do the dishes. Wipe down kitchen counters and make sure everything is put away. Your kitchen is now prepped for the week! It’s ready for your weekly shopping that afternoon with a clear and clean fridge. Sunday night you can set your crock and have a warm breakfast ready for Monday morning. Or set it up the night before, refrigerate overnight, and start it cooking in the morning for dinner ready for when you get home. Take 15-20 minutes to make your own veggie tray so you have a healthy snack ready to go throughout the week! Or bag up individual servings of favorite snack and have them ready to go. It’s also great to use a Meal Planner.
- Prep Your Family: Kids are not known for thinking ahead, are they? These Sunday hacks will make sure they are ready to Monday morning, just like you. Clean out their backpacks, find any “lost” forms, and make sure they have their library books. Have outfits ready to go in the morning that are accommodating of the weather. Make sure you know whether they are having hot or cold lunch. If it’s a cold lunch day, make sure the lunch is prepped and ready to pop in the backpack the next morning. Set up an easy breakfast station that older kids can easily access to get their own breakfasts in the morning. Make sure alarms are set and talk to your kids about any plans you have as a family that week. Then everyone will be prepared for the week ahead.
- Tidy Up: Take some time to tidy up your entryway or that one spot where everything seems to get dumped as soon as you get home. Toss out what you don’t need and organize what is left. Clean out your purse or bag. This will minimize the buildup or old receipts, kids’ toys, and random objects taking up space. Won’t it be nice to reach into your bag and immediately find what you’re looking for?
- Check the Weather: Now, we all know that weather predictions can be far from accurate, but you can at least get an idea of what’s to come. You know your area best for the time of year. Look ahead and make note of anything unusual that may require any change. Outdoor event but it’s looking like rain? Time to plan now, just in case. Need to dress the kids in shorts for a hot field day on Thursday? Now you know! Think ahead about what you and your family might wear and need to bring with you and you’ll be glad for the advance notice.
- Take Time to Relax and Have Fun: Sunday has long been the day for family. And whether it’s blood relations or fun friends, take some time to just hang out and re-connect. Have a game night potluck! In our busy lives, we often neglect in-person connects that are so vital to our well-being. Sunday is a great time to do that as most stores and restaurants have shorter hours. Be sure to take some time for yourself, whether it’s a quiet coffee in the morning, or a bubble bath that night before bed. It’s the last day of the week before life gets busy again, take advantage of it!
- Set Your Alarms and Go To Bed:“But, of course, I’m going to go to bed?” you think. Yes, but it is also so easy to get out of sync with your weekday schedule during the weekend that it makes Monday all the more difficult a transition. So you stayed up a little late Friday and just couldn’t put that book down on Saturday, but come Sunday, it’s time to transition back into your normal schedule. Many put if off until Monday and those Monday’s are often NO fun at all. Making the rest of the week a less enjoyable game of catch-up. By taking the time, on your own terms, to be ready and go to bed on time your coming week will be so much more enjoyable.
Now, go and have a GREAT week!
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||