Sometimes you just want something Quick and Easy for Dinner that is yummy and nutritious. What would make it even better is having it all prepared and ready to eat when you walk through the door. Well this Weight Watchers Cauliflower Buddha Bowl with 4 Free Style Points… could be just what you are looking for. It’s a pretty bowl filled with veggie goodness! Loaded with Cauliflower, Asparagus, Jalapenos, Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Bell Peppers and tons of delicious spices! Perfect for everyone in the house. If you would like you can always add a bit of protein like Tofu or how about a bit of Quinoa! Use your imagination and add what you love. This is such a great Family Summer Meal that I hope you try. This recipe make 2 full meals…you could get 3!
- 1 head of cauliflower, core removed and cut into chunks
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into rectangle planks
- 1 cup collard greens, cut into strips
- ½ red sweet bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- 5 asparagus cut into 5-inch spears
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black peppercorns, to taste
- Place the pieces of the cauliflower Into a food processor and pulse until you get pieces that are about the size of a grain of rice if the cauliflower begins to stick to the sides add a tablespoon or two of water. Repeat the process until you have enough cauliflower rice to fill 3½ cups. Place a large wok over low/med heat and add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is hot add the cauliflower rice and continue to stir, do not allow the cauliflower rice to burn, once all of the cauliflower rice is in the wok, turn the heat to low, and place foil over it and press down the sides, allow the cauliflower rice to cook over low heat for 10 minutes, add sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste.
- In a medium skillet over med/high heat add oil, when the oil is hot, stir in the shredded collard greens, and stir-fry them for six minutes, add the asparagus, and sweet potatoes add a tablespoon of warm water. Place a tight-fitting lid over the skillet and allow the veggies to steam for five minutes. Add the sweet red bell pepper and steam for three more minutes, add additional water as necessary. Spoon the cauliflower into serving bowls, add the collard greens and steamed veggies. Serve with sliced jalapeños and low-sodium soy, fish, Hoisin, or plum sauce.
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||