I think that all of us have something in common…what you ask? The Love of Food! We are always trying to make recipes that make the whole family smile and I have a little trick for your today that is going to make your sauces…stews…soups…casseroles and much much more a bit tastier. The kind of taste that people say…this is sooooo good…what is it that makes it so delish! So…today I am sharing my little secret… Homemade Flavor Bombs! I always have a big bag of these in my Freezer…ready and waiting for the next dish. I use this particular Flavor Bomb in all of my Italian Foods…Soups…Stews …even Scrabbled Eggs sometimes : ) Trust me…you need to make these and keep them at hands reach when you are cooking!
Prepare your Ice Cube Trays
Take these frozen Homemade Flavor Bombs and pack them in ziplock bags and keep in the Freezer!
These Homemade Flavor Bombs will be waiting for you when you want to add tons of flavor to your dish!
This is how I made the Flavor Bombs above…just want you to know that there is no EXACT anything…you can add more of something you love…take out what you don’t like…play with other ingredients…there is no Science… it’s all about making things taste even better than they all ready do. So don’t hesitate…go for it! This combination is just the one that my whole family adores and I sure hope you do too.
- 3 Cups of Packed Baby Arugula
- 2 Cups of Packed Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup of Packed Pecorino Romano Cheese or any Grated Cheese you would like or you can exclude totally for Vegan Bombs
- 6-8 Roasted Garlic Cloves or slice Raw Garlic
- 1 Cup of Chopped Walnuts or Pecans...Almonds or Pine Nuts (Peanuts are not what you are looking for : )
- 1/2 Cup of Packed Sundried Tomatoes
- 3/4 Cup of Sliced Scallion Greens and Whites
- 1/2 Cup of Packed Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons of Dried Italian Herbs
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice or a Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- Place all of your ingredients into your Food Processor like I show above (you can chop the greens smaller to fit more : )
- Blend on a low speed until everything breaks up and then slowly stream your Olive Oil in until you reach a thick paste.
- Now it is time to place your mixture into Ice Cube Trays (I used extra large Silicone cubes which I got 20 of from this recipe) but you can make them any size you would like that fits your cooking style)
- When you have all your cubes packed...just drizzle a touch of Olive Oil over them and place them in the Freezer for about 6-8 hours...you want a hard freeze...then pop them out and put them into a ziplock bag or any of your favorite freezer containers. Pop them back into the Freezer for easy access.
- These Homemade Flavor Bombs last for a long time...between 3-6 months but they won't last that long because you are going to LOVE them!
Ideas where to use your Homemade Flavor Bombs:
- Add them to your Tomato Sauce
- Turn a White Cream Sauce up a Notch
- They are a fabulous flavor enhancers in Soup
- Stews wake up when you add these
- Kick up a Stir Fry
- Fabulous in Sautéd Vegetables
- Add some to Plain Pasta for a quick Lunch
Pop one into your Salad Dressing when you blend it…or let it defrost and add to your Mason Jar before shaking
- They will even make that Blood Mary you are serving to your friends tonight taste even yummier
Other Combinations You Might Enjoy
- Parsley, Scallions, Garlic, Ginger and a bit of Canola oil and a touch of Sesame Oil for your Asian Creations
- Basil, Parsley, Scallions and Olive Oil for a basic flavor
- Spinach, Arugula and Kale to add to Smoothies (no oil in these : )
- Roasted Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, Basil and Olive Oil to intensify a dish where Tomatoes are the Star!
- Dill, Parsley, a touch of Oregano and Olive Oil when you want to add a touch of Greek yumminess
- Any herb combination you love and add some Oil
- There are limitless possibilities…let your imagination soar and so will your food creations.
- These flavor packed Homemade Flavor Bombs are just what your Sauces, Stews, Soups, Vegetables, Noodles and Stir Fry Needs! Packed with herbs, vegetables, cheese, sundried tomatoes, olive oil and more! Any where you need some extra flavor… drop some Flavor Bombs!
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||