Vol 4. Welcome friends!(I apologize once again for not answering the comments…I am still recouping after the week in the hospital…I promise I will comment this week…love you all : ) I am going to be doing a little something new on Saturdays. The Cottage Market in the early years (aka…before I knew any thing about blogging lol) had a little segment called Down The Rabbit Hole. It was a collection of random links that I found throughout the week that I loved and think you will do. So I thought it was time to bring it back New and Improved, because I am going to be adding a little Giveaway each week…a little something that I found fun and thought you would like. The items are not sponsored and are purchased directly by me to send you a smile. My approach to this New Year is living more simply and putting more emphasis on the “little things” and the important things in life like kindness…compassion…health…family…love of animal…charity…well I think you get the picture… So on Saturday’s sharing some fun links…sending someone a smile with a token of my appreciation will be the norm. You can enter the Giveaway by simply leaving a comment. There is another very important facet to Saturday’s Down The Rabbit Hole…for EACH comment left The Cottage Market…aka myself and my family will be donating $1 to a deserving charity each week which we will announce and be accountable for…so let’s leave those comments . Tell us what your favorite things are and spread the love. The Cottage Market is also making a personal pledge to donate 5 percent of our net earnings to Charity this year…it’s a way of giving back and that is so very important to us. So come on in an enjoy…spread the love and maybe win a little something cool while donating to charity. Scroll on down to see this weeks FUN Giveaway! (remember…blue words are clickable : )
- Do you ever miss creating a handmade gift for your teen? Well I thought I would share something they just might enjoy and you get to create!
- Only a Spelling Genius can get over 10 on this time quiz…curious about your skill? : )
- Here’s a cool DIY for an over sized Checker Board that is fabulous for the family room and as a bonus…supporting a very good cause!
- We have some lovers of color here and this is the perfect quick and easy DIY for all of you! You are going to love them!
- Do you love free printables? How about Free Printable Chalkboard Dog Silhouette Quote Prints in 50 Breeds plus Rescue and Mutt? They are waiting for you and if you don’t see what breed you love…contact us with a comment and we will make it for you …free customization! : )
- Easter is coming around the corner quickly…even if you don’t celebrate it…is there ever a bad time for chocolate? Um…NEVER!!! This amazing site has all different kinds of chocolate and chocolate bars…even VEGAN and guess what? 100% of the profits goes to an animal charity each month…AWESOME or should I say PAWSOME!!! I think you all need a little snack! : )
- Do you have a larger plant that needs to be moved to vacuum or maybe get a bit more sun? Well then this fun DIY is for YOU…be inspired!
- Where have you been all my life…an Italian Dessert Favorite with a new twist!
- Want to have a little Vacay at a Beach House for about 20 minutes and a cup of your favorite brew at hand…check out these amazing Beach Towns…
- Every Vase needs some jewelry Contemporary Farmhouse Style…don’t you think? Here’s quick and easy DIY that I think you will love… hey for those that love color…adapt this by dying or painting the beads in the shades of your choice…how great would that be…check it out…
- If you want your heart warmed…if you want to smile and cry happy tears…you have to visit Erin and Harvey. You can also catch them on instagram. The shared love between this sweet girl and amazing pup will just make you feel that there is hope…don’t miss it!
- If you have not seen this house boat where Farmhouse Style Marries with Mid-Century Modern…you have to see it!
This is a wonderful Rescue located in a City that we know needs a lending paw. Here’s some info on this great Rescue that I think you will enjoy…
One Tail at a Time (“OTAT”) is a no-kill, 501(c)3 all-breed dog rescue committed to lowering euthanasia rates in the greater Chicagoland area through the rescue and adoption of dogs in need; comprehensive support of adopters; and community outreach through humane education programs and assistance for disadvantaged and low-income families.
OTAT formed in 2008 as a small organization aimed at helping dogs. Over the years due to the dedication of the Board of Directors and volunteers, OTAT has grown exponentially and now runs vaccine clinics, a shelter diversion program, and a bustling adoption program. With over 1,500 adoptions and a new (in 2015) Adoption Center, OTAT is ready and willing to help make Chicago the next no-kill City.
$25 provides two weeks of healthy dog food
$75 covers treatment for kennel cough, parasites, or other common shelter illnesses
$150 offsets costs of routine spay/neuter surgery, microchipping, and vaccinations
$300 defrays treatment costs of extensive medical issues, such as for heartworm, pneumonia, or surgery
$500 assists with dental surgery for a neglected puppy mill dog
List of Charities Down The Hole Had Donated To:
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Hempstead Town Animal Shelter
The Winner of the Pioneer Woman Measuring Cups is…
We numbered each comment from 1-37 in the order we received them (the first received was given #1 and the last comment we received was #37) Then we let the random generator pick our WINNER!
I will email you for your information!!!
Thank you to EVERYONE who commented and helped raise money for the Best Friends and Good Luck with next weeks Giveaway!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|