Today we whipped up a batch of French Bread French Toast. That’s double the French wouldn’t you say? But we just didn’t stop at making French toast, we went the extra mile and did something wonderful. We donned our creative caps and put together our French Toast and Yogurt Fruit Parfait. We also made this recipe even harder to resist with the additional of warm salted caramel. Shame on us, right? This is such an incredible and insanely irresistible breakfast (or brunch) treat that will leave an indelible impression on all who try it. Get the recipe down below and please make this recipe like ASAP!
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- warmed salted caramel sauce
- fresh strawberries cut into slices
- bananas cut into slices
- In a large bowl combine eggs, egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour in the whole milk and heavy cream, and continue to mix.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut the French bread into one-inch rounds on a diagonal cut. Place the slices into a shallow high-sided dish. Pour the French toast mix over the bread. Allow the bread to soak for about 10 minutes. Shake the bread off a bit before browning in a hot-buttered skillet.
- Place a large cast iron or non-stick skillet over med-heat.
- Add two tablespoon of melted butter to the skillet, when the skillet is hot begin to place the pieces of French toast into the skillet. I cook three slices at a time.
- Brown one one side then use a spatula to flip them over.
- Set them aside.
- Into the bottom of a serving glass add about two tablespoons of warm salted caramel sauce.
- Add plain yogurt topped with strawberry slices, add a slice of French toast.
- Top with more yogurt, salted caramel sauce, strawberries banana slices.
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|