When is a good time to surprise someone with a yummy candy treat? Well some might answer Valentine’s Day or Easter…maybe a birthday…or when someone is not feeling just right…but I say…ANY TIME!!! Am I right…who do you know that wouldn’t love a little something sweet to brighten their day. So today I bring you an oldie but goodie little craft I have been making these little Candy Sundae DIY projects for a very long time and they are a NO FAIL little smile. The cool thing is is that you can make them with all kinds of different candies so you can tailor your gift to your person! It’s quick and easy oh and did I mention addictive! Yep once you start making them you kind of get on a roll and don’t want to stop at one!
So basically all you need is a Sundae glass. You can find them at just about any store out there including Good Wills! They you will need styrofoam balls. For the average sundae you will need a 2 inch ball…it GROWS once the candy is on it. Your favorite candy…figure on a bag of mini bars per sundae. Then you need a little bit of whip cream and a cherry for the top. I used cotton and a wooden ball painted red and then simply glittered. You can use a bead…a pom pom or whatever you would like. Then the steps are so simple…
1. Draw a horizon line around the ball.
2. Then I used a little stream of hot glue on the silver tab and glued the candy bar to the equator line which is your guide. Now proceed until you go around the entire equator and then start a new line directly above the first line you just did…only starting in between as shown to create a new layer…just continue till you get to the top and the “scoop” is filled with candy.
3. Now you can put lightly glue your cotton whipped cream and the cherry on top. You can also add some sprinkles or whatever you would like.
4. To secure the ball into the glass…a thin stream of hot glue around the equator and then push into the glass! Oh…don’t forget to fill the sundae with a few piece of candy before you glue the top on!
5. Add a tag with a little note and you are ready to give your sweet little gift.
Oh and by the way aren’t those little gift tags adorable! Well we made them for you to use any time…you can get the download right here…a great way to add some sweetness to any gift.
Don’t forget to snatch your download for these cuties!
Now how easy was that! Snatch up all of those favorite candies and the few supplies you need and make some sundaes. The cool thing is…these won’t melt so you can make a few and leave them on the shelves when you need that special little gift! Other candies that work really well are Jolly Ranchers…Tootsie Roll and even lollipops! Anything that has a little tab to glue to. I am sure you can name a whole bunch of sweeties that will work perfectly! You can also pop one of these little toppers on an ice cream cone…possibilities are limitless!