Time to JUMP DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE…I am thrilled that you are joining us today. Love seeing all of our regular friends and new friends! Sure hope all is well with each and every one of you and you are gearing up for a great weekend! Before you do that…grab a cup of something yummy and take the JUMP!!! You never know where each link will lead you and where you will go next. We have tons of Links that will take you places you might not have gone to in your every day browsing! We sure hope you enjoy! Down The Rabbit Hole is also a place to give back…for every comment you make a dollar is donated to the Pet Rescues of the Week along with a base donation of $25 : ) So leave your comments and you will be giving back to a great Pet Charity each and every time! This weeks Pet Rescue is Marley’s Mutts…we have lent them a helping paw before and they really need it right now because they have another precious pup that needs extensive surgery. The work they do with these dogs that would NEVER EVER have a chance makes me cry…they are that amazing. Please visit them and read about all the work they are doing …of course they are always happy to receive any donation…no matter how big or small! Thank you all for being such wonderful people.
Now…can I vent? I know you are all animal lovers here! My husband just told me that he saw on our local news that there was a lady…walking on the Jersey Shore with her doggie (my Jersey Shore)… and she came upon a beautiful gray Pittie in a cage in the WATER…waiting for the Tide to take him out…WHAAAAAT…are you kidding me…what the *ell is wrong with this picture…I can’t even…I mean I can’t even…my blood is boiling as I am writing this…what in the world would make anyone do this…I mean…was it easier to walk to the beach and place this precious pup into the water…locked in a cage with NO CHANCE of getting away…would it have been so hard to bring this poor soul to the Shelter…I don’t get it! Well the lady had an extra leash…so she got the doggie out and leashed him…he began to kiss her and wag his tail…a total sweetheart. She brought him to the No Kill Shelter where he proceeded to kiss everyone there and they named him River. We can all be assured that he will find a fabulous FUREVER Home and be loved like he deserves. I still sit here and get sick thinking of what might have been and what else is going on out there…what makes people do these thing…what??? Ok…I am done with my rant…now I just have to keep thinking of things to do to help…any ideas out there…always welcomed! A BIG Thank you to each and every one of you that have hearts of gold. You can read about it here: If they catch this person…it should include JAIL TIME! We have to get stronger on Animal Abuse…we really do.
- What the Fluff!?! These animals are very confused!
- Mami & Morty are two rescue kitties who will claw their way into your heart!
- Toast Art…gotta see it to believe it!
- It truly doesn’t matter how much you have…it is all about the way you perceive it. These are truly works of art in more ways than one.
- Frames? Who needs frames!
- Parents Cooler than YOU…oh it is so possible!!! Love this!
- You know what…I have been wanting to play with spray chalk but I don’t have any little ones and my kids do not have kids yet…so…I think this is my solution…I am going to paint this on my sidewalk!!! What do you think?
- How to be Married for 70 Years (can you imagine!) These two are sooooo stinkin cute!
- Made this Salad Board YESTERDAY! Oh…by the way…add some Artichoke Hearts and Marinated Mushrooms to put it totally over the top and Crusty Bread!!! Great for a crowd or the Family! YUM…oh I also added some slices of ripe peaches : )
- I love to support Companies that GIVE BACK…Chicken Soup for the Soul Supports Rescue Organizations Worldwide…all year long! APPLAUSE for them!
- Frose??? YES PLEASE!!! Make enough because it is going to fly! : )
- Did you know how serious Dehydration is? Check it out and then check out some foods that will help you hydrate…it doesn’t always have to be water!
Charity of The Week: Marley’s Mutts
Marley’s Mutts Dog Rescue is a registered 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization (30-0636031) that is concentrated on saving the lives of Kern County’s incarcerated canines. Kern County’s shelters are bursting at the seams and register some of the highest euthanasia rates in the country. We are committed to these shelter dogs simply because they have NO ONE and are closest to death. These dogs are at the shelter because they have been abandoned, lost, neglected, discarded or abused and many of them have no way out but RESCUE. These dogs are without family, love or representation and we aim to save as many as we can. We are their rescuers, their voice and their future.
Marley’s Mutts Dog Rescue is not taking public found strays or owner surrenders at this time. We do offer assistance on our website with training options, rehoming services, and networking resources. We hope to grow enough in size and capability to one day consider owner surrenders and strays as part of our rescue mission but at this time we feel that our services and skills will be best applied if we prioritize the rescue of dogs on death row.
List of Charities Down The Hole Had Donated To:
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
For more Fun Dog Links…click here!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||