Down the Rabbit Hole Where Fun Links & Pet Rescues Meet. A great place to enjoy interesting links and also help out Pet Rescues all over the world!
Time to JUMP DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE Where Fun Links & Pet Rescues Meet …I am thrilled that you are joining us today. Love seeing all of our regular friends and new friends! Sure hope all is well with each and every one of you and you are gearing up for a great weekend! Before you do that…grab a cup of something yummy and take the JUMP!!! You never know where each link will lead you and where you will go next. We have tons of Links that will take you places you might not have gone to in your every day browsing! Just wanted to let all of you know how much we appreciate you dropping by every Saturday…to date we have donated over $7500+ to Pet Rescues and still going strong! We hope that 2019 is even better!!! So thank you all once again… and we do love your input every week…maybe this week…bring a friend with you to leave a comment : ) We sure hope you enjoy! Down The Rabbit Hole is also a place to give back…for every comment you make a dollar is donated to the Pet Rescues of the Week along with a base donation of $25 : )
Hi friends! How is everyone? How is everyone feeling? How are all of your family members including those furry ones? I hope this finds you all well. We are hanging in here. We have some good links for you today and we are still running the extended version! I have to tell you… when you visit Northwest Dog Project… you have to meet Grandpa Earl… how far he has come is amazing… he brings joy to my heart as they all do! I hope that all your Rescues and Shelters that you deal with are able to handle the demands on them. I know our Karen here at The Rabbit Hole said that the Rescue Scooby in Spain where she got her Gabi is having hard times because they can not fly the doggies to their forever homes in the US and other countries. I sure hope they are doing ok. The Rescues here in my area are having a rough time… so we are donating to Ramapo Bergen and Rescue Dog Rocks this week. I am not even going to go into what is happening. I want to let you all know once again how much I admire you and love you all. PLEASE STAY SAFE!!! Always remember to spread the word to Adopt Don’t Shop! If anyone needs to talk… no matter if you are new or an old time reader of The Cottage Market… please email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to chat with you. HUGS… especially to those precious furbabies!
- The Northwest Dog Project is one of the best rescues around, on top of that they have an awesome Instagram account featuring a rescue mainstay Grandpaw Earl!!
- We can all use a little extra sleep these days!
- I don’t think anyone has ever gone down the stairs in a cuter way!
- Heroes truly do walk among us!
- Are you in the baking mood? Does your family LOVE Lemon Squares? If the answer is yes… take the challenge and see which one is their favorite! By the way… they freeze perfectly!
- I have not tried these yet… but they are highly recommended! Maybe one will be of your liking or more hopefully!
- You think you have it bad … Hemingway was quarantined with his wife and mistress lol!!!
- might be worth a try? ps… not an affiliate link… heard about it on the news and just thought many of you would find this interesting! They give you 3 months free… they offer quick bites… big stories… Watch movie quality shows designed for your phone… New episodes every day! Who knows right!
- This seller makes high quality reusable face masks and the best thing is is for every one you purchase… they donate one to the Medical Professionals. A great way to help stop the spread and lend a hand to one of our hero’s
- Come and take a virtual stroll…
- Everyone is taking more pictures these days… especially when you are on a walk… so here are a few tips to taking better photos on your phone!
- Anyone here LOVE Reading Rainbow… a real blast from the past for sure. Well guess what? Levar Burton is reading once again from his Twitter Page… maybe you want to have your kids share in the experience!!! Ah… those were the days!
- No matter your age… Bill Murray is someone that just about everyone loves (who you gonna call???) Well come and get to know him better. He has something to teach us that might help right now and that is how important it is to relax! I know that is difficult in times like these… but still very helpful for our mental and physical well being.
- They say homemade bread is the best medicine! How about trying this quick and easy Crusty Bread Recipe! Your quarantine crew will love you for it!!!
- This is a Tour Guide I would like to have!
- Such a sweet thing to do… breaks my heart… but so very sweet…
- Dad working from home has some hilarious interactions with his dog!
- Prepare to say ahhhhhhh and have your heart warmed!
Charity of the Week: Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge
List of Charities Down The Hole Had Donated To:
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Hempstead Town Animal Shelter
Dachshund Rescue of South Florida
Dachshund Rescue of North America
Dachshund Rescue of Los Angeles
The Alan Purcell Wayne Animal Shelter of Wayne, NJ
100 Doghouses for 100 Dogs (IFAW)
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center
Friends Forever Humane Society
Marley’s Mutts Pawsitive Change Prison Program
The Promised Land Dachshund Sanctuary
Valley Animal Haven & Adoption Center
The Humane Society of Ventura County
Voices of Change Animal League
Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
Michelson Found Animals Foundation
Eleventh Hour Rescue
Jersey Pit Rescue Inc.
Fresno Bully Rescue
Animal Rescue Collective
Want to Jump some more? Click here!
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||
Pamela Smith says
So many great links! I love the Dad jokes! Too funny! And the sweet relationship between the boy and his dog is too cute! Thank you for sharing!
Hey there Pam! Always great to see you! So happy you enjoyed the links… a little diversion from all of this is a good thing!!!Sending hugs and hope you and your family are well!
Such great links this week Andrea! Love the coworker dog bosses! Very cute! I loved Reading Rainbow! Levar Burton also has a podcast called Levar Burton Reads. It’s great for streaming while cleaning or painting/home improvements!
I’ve been busy making masks this week, and I finally found a pattern I really like, so I’m getting ready get my production line going. I’ve got a lot of family and friends to sew for, then I’ll start donating them to a few healthcare workers we know to share where they see the need.
Thanks for mentioning my boy Gabi and Scooby! I saw that they’ve had a good fundraiser recently to buy food for all the animals at the rescue! I’m so relieved that for now, they’re doing ok. Gabi is so darn cute. He barked one the other night for only the 3rd time since we got him a year and a half ago. One single bark. I think he surprises himself! He was just bouncing around the yard so happy! He’s getting very comfortable and bold with us here at home, he always feels free to encourage us to share our food with him.
Anyway, I hope you and your family are all doing well!
My son and I are making your pretzel recipe tomorrow!
Stay safe and be well!
Hey there Karen! Hope you are all well!!! So happy you enjoy the links!!! It always makes me happy. I am so so so so happy that Scooby has had a great fundraiser! That is like the best news! They are so wonderful and knowing that those doggies are cared for makes my heart hurt a little less. Thank you so much for making masks my friend… you have a heart of gold. I wish I knew how to sew and wish I had a sewing machine lol!!! Hearing that my friend Gabi is so happy is food for the soul!!! I think mine have the same talent… they always seem to get their fair share LOL!!! Please stay well… sending hugs to you and your whole family and a GIANT one for Gabi!!!
Happy Easter with all the hope of its message. I plan to dress up and “attend” services online. So much fun and goodness in your post. I’m glad my self-contained comes with much less drama than the Hemingways! I would like to see Reading Rainbow again; it would bring back so many good memories of my young children, and the show was so well done.
So Debra… how did you Easter go? Did you get all dressed up? Sure hope it made you feel good! Come on… after reading the Hemingway’s… ours looks pretty good LOL!!! Reading Rainbow is an absolute TREASURE and every generation should get to enjoy it!!! Sending tons of hugs and love your way!!!!