What would you say if you could whip up an Instant Pot Potato and Broccoli Soup with all the creaminess you heart desires in about 30 minutes and only 15 minutes cooking time? Well you can with this quick and easy recipe. With just a little bit of prep work…a touch of sauté…10 minutes of pressure cooking then it is ready to thicken and serve after you add the Pita Croutons and scrumptious toppings! Serve it with your favorite salad and Dinner is served. I am finding more and more that the Instant Pot can become your very best friend in no time. Pour yourself a glass of Chablis or Sparkling Cider and serve : ) Keep checking back for more Instant Pot and Quick and Easy Recipes on Thursdays! Bon Appetit
- 2 large russet potatoes, washed, scrubbed, and peeled, then diced
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, washed and chopped into thin slices
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth (I used six (6)
- 1 medium carrot shaved into ribbons using a potato peeler
- 1 clove of garlic ran through a garlic press
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 cup milk
- 3½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream or half-n-half
- Prep. Grate Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and set aside.
- Pan-grill thin slices of broccoli and set aside.
- Chop fresh green onion and set aside until ready to use.
- Using a pair of kitchen sheers cut thin sections of pita bread and toast them using EVOO and melted butter over med-high heat until golden brown, set aside until ready to use.
- Add two (2) tablespoons of EVOO in the InstantPot and press sauté. When the oil is hot add the diced onions and cook until they are translucent, add the ribbons of carrots and continue to cook, add the diced potatoes and cook for about ten (10) minutes.
- Add Kosher salt and freshly ground black peppercorns.
- Add six (6) cups of vegetable broth.
- Cook mixture for 10 more minutes.
- Add ¾ cups and 2½ tablespoons of flour and mix well. Pour this mixture into the soup. Continue to cook and the soup will thicken.
- Using a slotted spoon remove about half of the vegetables into a bowl.
- Puree the remaining soup mixture directly in the InstantPot using a mixing wand like the
- Cuisinart Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender.
- Pour in the heavy cream and mix a bit more.
- Return the vegetables into the soup and allow them to come to temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and add the pan-fried broccoli.
- Top soup with pan toasted strips of pita bread and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, green onion, and parsley.
As always here at The Cottage Market we would like to send out tons of APPAWS and APPLAUSE to all of our blogger friends for sharing their talents and creativity with us! We want them to know that they are appreciated and loved. You are going to adore exploring their blogs for more outstanding DIY’s and inspiration. As always…ENJOY & CREATE!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|