Hi everyone! I can’t believe it but it has been a whole year since my friends and I did a week of Weddings in Jars! Well it is time to do it again and we are all back together to share some easy Jar Creations with you that would be perfect for Weddings. So don’t forget to click and to see why they have been up to at the end of this post! Today we have a very easy little recipe for Lemon Infused Honey and once it is packaged in a pretty little crystal cut Mason Jar…has our elegant Free Printable tags attached and if you would like…a honey stirrer…what you have is the most perfect favor ever!
These are great favors for the actual wedding or they would make a perfect shower favor also!
It is so easy to put together…first you purchase the jars…then print out your free printables and cut them…punch and thread the tags…make your honey…pour and assemble! You can do this while having tea with friends and make it a party in itself! It is just that simple!
Now it is time to whip up a batch of the honey…make as many as you need! By the way…this makes a wonderful gift…JUST BEECause!!!
- 2 cups of honey
- 2½ tablespoons of grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon of freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1 few thin rinds for embellishments if you would like
- First you will pour your honey into a sauce pan along with the 2½ tablespoons of lemon peel and the lemon juice.
- On the lowest setting you can on your stove heat these two ingredients together for about 10 minutes.
- PLEASE be careful not to burn....stay with your pan.
- After you heated your honey and lemon rind remove from the stove and allow to sit on the counter top for at least 3 hours...if you can over night is even better and you can allow to infuse for a week if you would like.
- Then you can strain the mixture if you would like or you can leave the lemon gratings in.
- Place the honey in the glass jar...if you would like add a little piece of lemon rind and it can sit forever but it will never last that long!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE PRINTABLE TAGS & JAR TOPS!
Now it is time to drop by and check out what my friends have been up to!
The Country Chic Cottage, The Shabby Creek Cottage
My middle sons nickname since 1 yr old is Buzz,Buzzy,so when he married (10-5-12) @wedding rehearsal dinner I gave that exact favor out. I ordered on line @a wedding site,I labeled each jar w a sticker same words,meant to Bee.It was a big hit,smaller jars would be more economic as honey is pricey!
What a great idea Andrea! And so gorgeous too!
Claire @ A Little Claireification says
So classy – I love the tags and toppers!!
Evelyn Robinson says
I seem to have missed the step when the lemon juice is added?
REBECCA PLATT says
Love this idea. And honey is really healthy. I want to make this for Christmas but where are the tags that you show on the jars. Is it a free printable?
Thanks so much and God bless
Hi there Rebecca! How are you : ) I sent you an email with the free printables…if you want to find them…they are right under the recipe card : ) Sending hugs and wishes for a fabulous weekend!