This Quick and Easy Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bark is so delicious and can be made in no time at all! Quick and Easy Chocolate Bark makes the most delicious treat and gift.
f you are looking for the perfect snack, treat for the family, gift for any occasion that is quick, easy and delicious you need to make our Quick & Easy Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bark! How great is it that you can literally make this yummy treat in less time than it takes you to get all your baking ingredients into a mixer and no oven is required!
When it comes to toppings for your Bark the world is your Oyster! You can choose from any dried fruits, nuts, seeds, coconut and much more! For this Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bark I used Papaya, Apricots, Craisins, Figs, Cherries, Walnuts, Almonds, Pistachios and Coconut Flake and of course you can add some Flaky Salt!
I chose to use Dark Dhocolate for this particular bark because my family likes a deep rich not as sweet chocolate mixed with fruits and nuts but you can use any chocolate that you and your family LOVE!!! From Milk Chocolate to White and everything in between!
The way you choose to melt your chocolate is your choice. I prefer using a double boiler. I don’t know what… I think it’s because I feel like I am in constant control of the process and actually see it happening in front of me (no… I am not a control freak lol) The method is so easy because all you need is a pan and a heat resistant bowl! You fill the pan with about 2-3 inches of water which you bring to a boil… then turn it down to a slow roll simmer. Then place the heat resistant bowl on top of the pan filled with your chocolate (be sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl) and begin to stir with whatever you would like to use. The video will show you exactly what the process looks like. It is done in about 5 minutes or less depending on the amount you are melting. If the Double Boiler is not your thing… the Microwave is ready and waiting …
The Microwave Method is really simple. All you need to do is place your chocolate in a Microwave Safe bowl… put it in the Microwave for one minute… take out and stir… then repeat every 30 seconds… DO NOT MISS STIRRING!!!! I can not express that enough… it’s a must! Continue the 30 second intervals until nice and creamy. EZ PZ!!!
Once you have your chocolate all creamy and melted you will be slowly pouring it on to a parchment lined cookie tray and sprinkling it with all of your favorite things. After the fun part is done it is time to cool! If you have all the time in the world… you can let the chocolate cool at room temp in a safe place. If you can’t wait to take the first bite of this tasty treat you can place in the fridge and it will harden up in an hour. It’s totally up to you! TIP: I purchased the small cookie tins from the Dollar Store especially for making this Quick and Easy Chocolate Bark because it is so much easier to find room to place it in the fridge. You can literally make a 2lb bark on it with no problem. Just thought I would share that with you… especially handy when you are making more than one at the same time and need it to give as a gift that evening!
Variety is the spice of life
You can add all kinds of things to your Easy Chocolate Bark like:
- Nuts: Peanuts, Walnuts, Pistachios, Cashews, Hazel Nuts, Silvered Almonds, Pecans, Pine Nuts, Macadamia Nuts…etc.
- Seeds: Sesame Seeds, Poppy Seeds, Hemp Seeds and my personal favorite Pepitas
- Dried Fruit: How about Dried Cranberries, Apricots, Cherries, Mango, Spicy Mango (SOOOOO GOOD), Papaya, Banana, Apples, Pears, Raisins, Figs, Dates and all the others out there.. whatever you love.
- Crushed Cookies: Oreos, Nutterbutters, Shortbread, Chocolate Chips, Sugar, anything you love
- Chopped Candy: Heath Toffee, Milkways, Butterfingers, Crunch Bars, Peanut Butter Cups, Butterscotch Chips, White Chocolate Chips… let our imagination fly.
- Pretzels or Kettle Potato Chips
- Coconut: Flakes, Chips or Shredded
- Mixed Chocolate: Maybe you would like to swirl milk and dark together, Milk and White, Dark and White, All three or if you love color… check out our Unicorn Bark.
- Fleur de sal. Flaky Salt, Pink Himalayan Salt, Salt of Choice
- Vegan and Diary Free: Well this particular Bark is Vegan because it is made with dark Chocolate made with no milk components. Check the Cacoa Count… anything above 72 is Vegan. By the way… Nestle Chocolate Chips are Vegan and now they even have a White Chocolate Vegan Chip. It’s very easy to find!
- Nut free: well that is simple… don’t use nuts!
- 1½ lb Dark Chocolate… Adjust Amount to what you need
- (adjust the amounts to your liking) and add whatever else you would like.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Chop up your fruits and nuts and combine them all together… place them in a bowl… or keep them all separate and sprinkle them one by one.
- Time to get your double boiler ready. Put about 2-3 inches of water in a pan ad bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Place a heat resistant bowl on top of the pan. Pour you chocolate in and mix with a spoon or spatula so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Keep stirring until everything is melted and creamy. Remove from the heat and allow it to rest for a minute or two.
- Now it is time to pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper. Be sure to smooth it over with your spatula. You can make it on the thicker side which would be approximately 4x10 or a bit thinner 5X11. Nothing has to be exact.
- Sprinkle the topping all over the chocolate
- Time to place the tray of yumminess into the fridge for a couple of hours until it is hard. Break it up into eatable pieces… place in a box or bag and seal it up as a gift or for any one at all. Perfect for Valentine’s Day… Galentine’s Day… Easter… a great Hostess Gift and just because.
- Fun Variations
- You can mix things up big time when it comes to Chocolate Bark. Add anything from Toffee Chips to Hot Spicy Mango and beyond! Try Slivered Almonds… how about stirring in a little bit of Nutella into your heated chocolate and then top with crushed Hazel nuts. Maybe add some Peanut Butter to the melted chocolate, about 1 tablespoon… no more than 2 and stir it through… top with crushed peanuts and more. How about trying Unicorn Bark! So many options… use your imagination!
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||