We have yet another episode of Down The Rabbit Hole which is filled with all kinds of fun links that will lead you down the Rabbit Hole…hoping to find fun and fabulous things you would never have seen! Then of course we have an awesome Giveaway from my favorite things collection and then the most important of all we have a new Animal Charity…when you comment you are automatically entered into the Giveaway and for each comment $1 is donated by us to the Charity of the week! So come on in and enjoy the fun!!! This weekly event is a Win Win Win!!!
Vol 22. Welcome friends! I am going to be doing a little something new on Saturdays. The Cottage Market in the early years (aka…before I knew any thing about blogging lol) had a little segment called Down The Rabbit Hole. It was a collection of random links that I found throughout the week that I loved and think you will do. So I thought it was time to bring it back New and Improved, because I am going to be adding a little Giveaway each week…a little something that I found fun and thought you would like. The items are not sponsored and are purchased directly by me to send you a smile. My approach to this New Year is living more simply and putting more emphasis on the “little things” and the important things in life like kindness…compassion…health…family…love of animal…charity…well I think you get the picture… So on Saturday’s sharing some fun links…sending someone a smile with a token of my appreciation will be the norm. You can enter the Giveaway by simply leaving a comment. There is another very important facet to Saturday’s Down The Rabbit Hole…for EACH comment left The Cottage Market…aka myself and my family will be donating $1 to a deserving charity each week which we will announce and be accountable for…so let’s leave those comments . Tell us what your favorite things are and spread the love. The Cottage Market is also making a personal pledge to donate 5 percent of our net earnings to Charity this year…it’s a way of giving back and that is so very important to us. So come on in an enjoy…spread the love and maybe win a little something cool while donating to charity. Scroll on down to see this weeks FUN Giveaway! (remember…blue words are clickable : )
- Who knew we were saying these words wrong?
- One can dream…check out Natalie Portman’s new home!
- This is truly a Stairway to Heaven!
- I am transitioning from being a Vegetarian to going Vegan and if ALL food tastes as good as this recipe…Life is GOOD!!!
- Did you know that Chicken Soup For The Soul makes Dog and Cat Food? Well it does and it is highly rated and they share in the Rescue and Shelter World. “We publish books about pets and produce a line of high quality dog and cat food because we understand the special bond between people and animals. We also know that some of the most meaningful owner-pet relationships begin with adoptions from shelters, which is why we’ve partnered with animal shelters to support their mission to help find cats and dogs their forever homes.” It’s always great to support the people that support our animal friends.
- Is your patio crying out for something different? Well here are some ideas that everyone can do and on a budget!
- Come and see this amazing makeover…I mean talk about from rags to riches and I do believe Joanna Gaines herself would love it in her home! What a labor of love!
- If your friends asked you to bring wine to Dinner …what would they think if you showed up with these! Who knew?
- This caught my eye as I fell down the Rabbit Hole. I thought to myself…how progressive…how REAL…how thoughtful. Instead of having an entire line of clothes modeled by women that weigh under 80 pounds…the clothes were modeled by all sizes…all ages…all races…it was so very refreshing. If more companies did this (especially for the tween and teen sector) I think it would have a life changing effect on the kids. Kudos to Miss Moss!
- The Instagram Pet of the Week is Captain Weenie! This pup was rescued and is living the good life it Los Angeles! Follow his adventures and enjoy!
- If you LOVE flowers…you should be in London Right now but if you can’t be there…come and see the AMAZING things that are growing …oh I so want a Bonsai…I don’t know if they would allow black thumbs like me in???? Enjoy the little tour! Don’t forget to smell the flowers!
- Tell me what you think…did Mom get excited or what??? Just found this so cute and funny!
An Awesome Anthropologie Mug!
Charity of the Week: Muttville
Muttville is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving the lives of senior dogs. On a local level, Muttville rescues senior dogs and finds them new homes or gives them hospice. On a global level, Muttville provides information about caring for older dogs and support for people who do.
Through associations with shelters and other animal organizations, Muttville finds senior dogs that have been given up and are not likely to find adopted homes. Through outreach and networking, Muttville finds suitable new homes for these dogs. Muttville has its own cage-free facility, housing newly rescued senior dogs while they await to be matched with foster homes.
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Winner of the Anthropologie Mug is:
Please contact me with your full name and address at: TheCottageMarket@gmail.com
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|