We have yet another episode of Down The Rabbit Hole which is filled with all kinds of fun links that will lead you down the Rabbit Hole…hoping to find fun and fabulous things you would never have seen! Then of course we have an awesome Giveaway from my favorite things collection and then the most important of all we have a new Animal Charity…when you comment you are automatically entered into the Giveaway and for each comment $1 is donated by us to the Charity of the week! So come on in and enjoy the fun!!! This weekly event is a Win Win Win!!!
Vol 23. Welcome friends! I am going to be doing a little something new on Saturdays. The Cottage Market in the early years (aka…before I knew any thing about blogging lol) had a little segment called Down The Rabbit Hole. It was a collection of random links that I found throughout the week that I loved and think you will do. So I thought it was time to bring it back New and Improved, because I am going to be adding a little Giveaway each week…a little something that I found fun and thought you would like. The items are not sponsored and are purchased directly by me to send you a smile. My approach to this New Year is living more simply and putting more emphasis on the “little things” and the important things in life like kindness…compassion…health…family…love of animal…charity…well I think you get the picture… So on Saturday’s sharing some fun links…sending someone a smile with a token of my appreciation will be the norm. You can enter the Giveaway by simply leaving a comment. There is another very important facet to Saturday’s Down The Rabbit Hole…for EACH comment left The Cottage Market…aka myself and my family will be donating $1 to a deserving charity each week which we will announce and be accountable for…so let’s leave those comments . Tell us what your favorite things are and spread the love. The Cottage Market is also making a personal pledge to donate 5 percent of our net earnings to Charity this year…it’s a way of giving back and that is so very important to us. So come on in an enjoy…spread the love and maybe win a little something cool while donating to charity. Scroll on down to see this weeks FUN Giveaway! (remember…blue words are clickable : )
- A wonderful Vegetarian Blog that is beyond delicious and to make it even better…her Rescue Doggie Cookie who is amazing is part of it too! I just got her new cookbook and so excited to use it! Make sure to check out COOKIE…too precious.
- I’m telling Santa that I would love to have this for Christmas : )
- This DIY is PURRfect for your Kitty…everyone should have one!
- It’s like being a kid again…try this paint by number DIY over at Damask Love…it’s fun and will look great any where you display it!
- Friends…I don’t camp but this over the top FABULOUS Pop-Up Camper would change my mind in a heart beat…this is a MUST SEE!!!
- This precious pibble will make you smile everyday! Chase (aka Sometimes Carl) and his parents are truly amazing advocates for rescue!
- Enter the world of knots…who knew they would make such amazing art!
- Shabby Chic at its finest…#10 The She Shed is on my wish list…how about you!
- Arm the Animals is a wonderful store, that does good and helps you look good too.
- Fringe is FABULOUS this Summer and Oh Joy shows you how you can turn your sandals from drab to fab!
- The New Best Appetizer…The TOT is back and I love it…just add fun dips and everyone is HAPPY!!!
- This is such a cool new trend…I am thinking of creating something with my dogs…how about you? Is it something you would try!!!
An Awesome Anthropologie Mug!
Charity of the Week: Global Strays
The aim of Global Strays is to come to the aid of suffering animals mainly, stray dogs around the world and protect them from neglect and abuse. To reach this mission we are currently working in Central America, specifically Nicaragua, Costa Rica and in the Dominican Republic. We meet with animal rescue organizations in these countries to witness the work they do first-hand. Based on the individual needs of the organization, we fundraise and distribute grants to these organizations. Some examples of how the grants are used are for food, medications, and spay and neutering initiatives. With our grants, we hope to empower these groups to continue their work in saving stray dogs and cats. We hope to expand to many other countries around the world with a focus on developing nations. We have also teamed up with Social Tees Rescue Animal Foundation in New York City to help them rescue dogs from high kill shelters across the United States.
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Winner of the Anthropologie Mug is:
Please contact me with your full name and address at: TheCottageMarket@gmail.com
As always here at The Cottage Market we would like to send out tons of APPAWS and APPLAUSE to all of our blogger friends for sharing their talents and creativity with us! We want them to know that they are appreciated and loved. You are going to adore exploring their blogs for more outstanding DIY’s and inspiration. As always…ENJOY & CREATE!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|