We have yet another episode of Down The Rabbit Hole which is filled with all kinds of fun links that will lead you down the Rabbit Hole…hoping to find fun and fabulous things you would never have seen! Then of course we have an awesome Giveaway from my favorite things collection and then the most important of all we have a new Animal Charity…when you comment you are automatically entered into the Giveaway and for each comment $1 is donated by us to the Charity of the week! So come on in and enjoy the fun!!! This weekly event is a Win Win Win!!!
Vol 19. Welcome friends! I am going to be doing a little something new on Saturdays. The Cottage Market in the early years (aka…before I knew any thing about blogging lol) had a little segment called Down The Rabbit Hole. It was a collection of random links that I found throughout the week that I loved and think you will do. So I thought it was time to bring it back New and Improved, because I am going to be adding a little Giveaway each week…a little something that I found fun and thought you would like. The items are not sponsored and are purchased directly by me to send you a smile. My approach to this New Year is living more simply and putting more emphasis on the “little things” and the important things in life like kindness…compassion…health…family…love of animal…charity…well I think you get the picture… So on Saturday’s sharing some fun links…sending someone a smile with a token of my appreciation will be the norm. You can enter the Giveaway by simply leaving a comment. There is another very important facet to Saturday’s Down The Rabbit Hole…for EACH comment left The Cottage Market…aka myself and my family will be donating $1 to a deserving charity each week which we will announce and be accountable for…so let’s leave those comments . Tell us what your favorite things are and spread the love. The Cottage Market is also making a personal pledge to donate 5 percent of our net earnings to Charity this year…it’s a way of giving back and that is so very important to us. So come on in an enjoy…spread the love and maybe win a little something cool while donating to charity. Scroll on down to see this weeks FUN Giveaway! (remember…blue words are clickable : )
- Check out these amazing Mini Masterpieces!
- Thanks to the AmazonSmile program, you can purchase products through their website and hand-select a dog rescue to receive a portion of the proceeds. Over 2,100 rescues and humane societies participate in AmazonSmile. You click. They give. We use this and give back to Almost Home Dachshund Rescue…believe me the pennies add up and you can choose from over 2100 rescues…Amazon has given over 40,000,000 million this year so far to an array of charities. It’s easy to set up and once you do you just have to go to smile.amazon.com to purchase from (exactly the same as regular amazon : ) A great way to give back!
- I am telling right now…you need to follow Wolfgang 2242 …you really do! It will make you laugh…make you smile…tug on your heart strings and just make you feel good. This little gang is comprised of 9 dogs…a pot belly pig named Bikini…a chicken named Oprah plus! Yes…the live in a beautiful house with a wonderful Daddy who keeps the home spotless and that is not easy to do! He adopts older doggies …ones that need him so badly. They are all taken care of above and beyond your imagination and as you will see…they even have their very own Mercede Benz! Enough is the young BIG guy and he watches over the 8 seniors. A million thanks to a special man who loves animals above and beyond belief and will continue lending a helping paw to the ones that need him most. Now run over there and check out these precious pups!
- I LOVE Joy…I adore her heart and LOVE how she is teaching her children how to give back. This is a post that everyone that has a child in their lives should read. We are applauding and appawding this giving family and big cheers for precious little Ruby! : )
- I know wallpaper is not the most practical thing in the world but I this room makes me want a wallpaper statement wall!!! I am in love with it! How about you…do you like wallpaper or using it in moderation as a statement wall (that’s my fav). I think you will also enjoy some of the decor here…not Farmhouse but fun! I adore the gallery wall…I feel as though that one of those are going to be in my near future! Enjoy!
- These 3 pictures make a strong statement about race and power…what do they make you feel?
- I have to tell you that I totally enjoyed Season One of Master of None and liked everyone! As with every show my expectations for Season Two were not as high…WOW was I wrong! It was even better than the first! Did the power watch thing (having insomnia…it is not hard) and finished the Second Season in 2 days and I am ready to watch it again! If you saw Season One…Season Two is a MUST…if you haven’t seen it at all…do yourself a favor…grab a cup of something yummy…snuggle up on the couch and treat yourself! The Second Season is in Italy…the view is amazing…sure hope you enjoy!
- Have you seen the HGTV Dream House!
- Come and channel your inner artist! It’s free style …fun and gorgeous…let your Van Gough SHINE!
- I have been a little porch obsessed lately so when I saw Anita’s French Farmhouse Porch is like being in the South of France. I am grabbing a glass of wine to look at this one! Enjoy!
- Do you use a lot of cheese? Does it some times go bad before you can use it all? Well drop by and see visit with Rhee…she will show you how to store it nicely and the right way!
- The Easiest Donuts ever and the most delicious! If you have 1/2 an hour…you can pour that coffee and eat…YUM!
An amazingly awesome Anthropolgie Mug!
Charity of the Week: Secondhand Hounds
Secondhand Hounds is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue in Minnesota. Founded in July of 2009, our many volunteers have made a positive impact on the lives of many dogs and cats in our community. Our organization provides safe shelter, proper veterinary care and daily necessities for animals at risk, while working hard to find each a permanent, loving home!
(an on-going list of deserving charities: )
The Winner of the Anthropologie Mug is:
Please contact me with your full name and address at: TheCottageMarket@gmail.com
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|