I am not someone that is really over dramatic…really…I am not : ) I don’t say things are the BEST ALL THE TIME…but when I tell you that this is the BEST COOKIE EVER I am dead serious…I mean it…I would rather have this cookie than any other I have ever had anywhere (sorry Grandma:)! Let me tell you about it first! This cookie was inspired by the Neiman Marcus Recipe…you know the one some lady paid $250 for back in 1997! She loved the cookie so much she asked the waitress if she could have the recipe and she said yes for two fifty…well the lady thought she mean 2 dollars and 50 cents…WRONG! When she got her credit card statement and saw that the charge for lunch was over $300…she kind of flipped but also decided to SHARE the recipe as her little form of revenge! Well my husband came home with it one day from work and I tried it and absolutely loved it. Well some how the recipe got lost and it was forgotten about …
to make a long story short…I was thinking about this cookie for the last few weeks and looked up the recipe. I have no idea why I didn’t do that sooner since I have been telling everyone that it was the best cookie I had ever had for so long and my son wanted me to pay up! So I decided to play a little with the recipe as I usually do …made a few changes (for instance it called for nuts…with all of the allergies out there and the fact that my son does not like nuts…I substituted crushed pretzels for the nuts)…
I also used Hand Cut Chocolate Chunks in Milk and Dark Chocolate…
I added a bit more Oat Meal Flour and lessened the White Flour a tiny bit…
A touch more baking soda…
a bit more of Vanilla…
Then topped each one with a touch of course Sea Salt…all I can say is they turned out over the top fabulous and everyone in my life agrees hands down including neighbors and friends. In fact I wound up making 60 over sized ones for a Baby Shower last week! Everyone has been asking for the recipe so that is why I am sharing today. There were enough of my own changes that I had to do the recipe again…but I want to give credit where credit is due…so that is why I told you the story : ) Sure hope you give these tasty treats for the Holiday’s!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal (use regular oatmeal not instant)
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces chocolate chunks
8 ouncemilk chocolate bar chunks
- 1 ½ cups smashed salted pretzels (use can use any chopped nuts or mix them both)
4 ounces of milk chocolate for
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- It' time to cream together butter and both sugars and then stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Finely grind oatmeal in a blender or food processor. Combine the oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and soda in a medium bowl, and slowly add it to the wet ingredients. Beat just until combined. Have the 4 ounces of milk chocolate
microplanedadd it, along with chocolate chunks and pretzels to the batter. Mix just to combine.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes (I used a medium ice cream scoop for a large cookie that needs a few more minutes of baking). I love using the scoop...it just makes everything perfect...each cookie needs the exact same cooking time...plus they look amazing. You can use the 3 different basic scoops and adjust the baking time for the size you use. I highly suggest checking every minute after the 10...you DO NOT want these to over bake. Sure hope you enjoy!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|