Are you ready for this? You may want to hold on to your hat (if you are wearing a hat) for this one! Okay, maybe it’s not THAT impressive. But, if you are an avid fan of all things mimosa then you’re probably going to want to lean in close for this one. Now, if you guys have been hanging around here long, then you may know of my absolute LOVE for blood oranges! I mean, they’re a complete obsession! There is something about them, and it makes me weak in the knees. It’s true. So, basically what I am saying is this, get ready because I am going to find all kinds of ways I can add blood oranges to my kitchen repertoire. But in the meantime feast your lovely eyes on our Blood Orange Mimosa. Isn’t it gorgeous?! First things first, though, this isn’t a classic mimosa by any means. You know mean I love to fiddle-faddle with traditional recipes, spruce them up from time to time.
So, here’s what we did. Instead of champagne, I used a rosé, groundbreaking, right? Well, maybe not, but it tastes good. Secondly, instead of mixing this concoction with the plain old run of the mill orange juice, why not? See, you guessed it already! I used fresh squeezed blood orange juice. And lastly, I swirled in a dram of Grand Marnier orange liqueur. Enjoy!
- Rosé wine
- Fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon blood orange and sweet lime simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- slush ice
- Pulse two cup of ice into a blender until it looks like slush ice. set aside.
- Add Rosé, blood orange juice, blood orange and sweet lime simple syrup, and Grand Marnier liqueur
- Pulse mixture a few more times.
- Fill champagne flutes with the mixture.
- Garnish with a wedge of blood orange.
Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive!
Can’t get enough of Blood Orange Cocktails…you have to check out my friend Gina’s yummy creation over at The Shabby Creek Cottage… visit for this deliciouness! Great for Easter Brunch1
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|