It’s National Dog Day and we are celebrating with some Frozen Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Dog Treats that will make your pup/pups oh so Happy! Tails will be a waggin when you pop these out of the freezer for a cool and refreshing treat. They are perfect in the Summer but the doggies can enjoy them all year round. They are good and good for them, so if you have about 10 minutes to spare today, whip up a batch of these frozen delights and surprise you pup.
- 2 cups of Sliced Strawberries or a
16 ouncebag of Frozen Strawberries
- 1½ cups Plain Greek Low Fat Yogurt
- 1 sliced banana (if you have two...use them both)
- ¼ cup of Skim Milk
- 3 tablespoons of Honey
- Place all the ingredients in your blender
- Turn on the blender to a medium speed
- Blend for approximately 2 minutes
- Pour into the molds of your choice or use ice cube trays
- Freeze for 4 hours or more
- Pop out of the molds
- Ready to ENJOY!
- To store: Use Zip Lock Bags for a tight seal or use some sort of Tupperware, Rubber Maid or any tight sealing container. Sealed and Stored properly these will keep in the freezer for 2 months but they will never last that long because your pups will have them gone in no time.
- Please note: You can use other fruits instead of Strawberries like Watermelon, Blueberries, Mango, Pumpkin (NEVER EVER GRAPES) and any other Dog Safe Fruit or Veggie. Banana's add a creaminess that no other fruit can offer. You can even add some Peanut Butter. Tailor them to your
dogstastes but I guarantee they will love this blend for sure. They are the Pawfect Treat!
Sure hope that your doggy or doggies enjoy these creamy delicious treats and YES you can have one too. I actually pour myself a few popsicles when I make a double batch. Strawberries and Blueberries are Power Foods for dogs so there are health benefits too! Plain Yogurt provides your Pup with Probiotics for digestion and Calcium for their bones. These are so easy to make you won’t believe it! As easy as whipping together a smoothie. You can make them all different sizes depending on the mold you use. I really do love the silicone molds. I have never used them before but I am really glad I did. You can use any mold and if you don’t have any ice cube trays work like a charm (when you are popping them out though…run a little bit of hot water on the back side of the tray to make removing easier). So get out that blender and whip up a batch of these Pawfect Puppy Treats!
Sending TONS of hugs and love to you and your pups and a very HAPPY NATIONAL DOG DAY!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram | Follow … on Twitter|