These Healthy Apple Pie DIY Dog Treats A la mode & Plain are nutritious, healthy and oh so easy to make. The best part is is that your Pup is going to love them. You can whip up a batch any time… plain, alamode or both! They are guaranteed to get that tail wagging. These treats are also great if you are having a Birthday Party for your little one, the fur guests would love to feast on them and bring some home in a doggie bag : ) With the Holidays coming up, they would be the perfect gift for all those Pups on your list. Make sure to have a batch ready and waiting when the feasting is happening, these are a much better alternative than feeding them something that is going to make their tummies sad. Keep it healthy and delicious all in one bite! My girls Alie and Georgia absolutely LOVE them a la mode style, the melted yogurt dip is like having a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on their Pie : ) It’s ADOPT A Shelter Dog Month… please spread the word to ADOPT DON’T SHOP!!! How about whipping up a batch or two of these treats for your local Dog Shelter!!!
These treats smell sooooooo good when they are baking!
You Pup will love them plain or dipped!
Great for Gifts! Perfect to show your Pups how much you love them!
- 3 cups of Flour (I used 1 cup White Flour, 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour and 1 cup Oatmeal Flour you can use any combination that you would like or use all White, Wheat or Oat.
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup of Apple Sauce
- ⅓ Cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 1½ Cups of finely diced Apples
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey or Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup of Water OR Apple Juice OR Milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Finely Grated Fresh Ginger or ¼ of a Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Line your Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper while Preheating your Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients and mix them all up.
- In a small bowl combine Apple Sauce, Pumpkin, Honey, Egg, Vanilla and Ginger and stir till smooth.
- Now mix the Dry with the Wet until everything is moistened (if you need a little bit more liquid… add it by the teaspoon full and if you need it a bit dryer… add a tablespoon at a time until you get a nice rolling dough. I actually kneaded it a little bit.
- Flour your surface, roll out your dough to about ¼ inch and use your Cookie Cutter to cut out whatever shapes you would like.
- Place all of your shapes onto your parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes according to your oven. Cool on a wire rack.
- If you are dipping, make sure that the treats are cooled completely
- Melt some white yogurt chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each time…repeat until smooth (about 2 minutes)
Come and Check out Dog Gallery where you will find yummy treats, free printables, dog safety tips, dog hacks and so much more!!!
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||