Getting back to basics here at The Cottage Market. If you enjoy this How to Roast Garlic Video & Recipe Ideas, I am going to try to pop up a basic recipe more often. With the Holidays coming you can’t have too much Roasted Garlic about. You can use it in so many different ways which we will talk about later. It couldn’t be easier to make up a batch of these creamy… dreamy… smooth and tasty cloves of goodness! Check out the video and I will meet back up with you below!
- 2 large bulbs of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Crushed Pepper if you would like
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheated Oven at 400
- Take your Garlic Bulb and cut the top off to expose the garlic cloves (about ½ and inch down)
- Removed as much of the Garlic Paper as you can
- Cut a square of Aluminum Foil and place it on the counter
- Place the Garlic bulb in the center of the foil
- Then drizzle a nice amount of Olive Oil onto the cloves (it's ok if you spill some over : )
- Sprinkle with Salt... Pepper and if you would like ... some Hot crushed pepper
- Wrap up your clove all snug and repeat with the next Bulb and how many more you are roasting
- Place the wrapped Bulbs onto a Cookie Sheet and put into your preheated 400 Oven
- Roast for 40 to 50 minutes (check after 40 minutes... if you would like it roasted more...keep going
- When it reaches the color you are looking for... remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes
- Then scoop out the cloves or squeeze then spread or place in a jar to keep for future use. Remember to put about 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil over it in the jar so it keeps for a very long time
Ways to use Roasted Garlic:
1. Spread on Bruschetta
2. Spread on Toasted Italian Bread… add a slice of Tomato and top with Goat Cheese and Chives.
3. Add to Sauces, Stews, Soups, Stir Fries. Anything that uses Garlic!
4. Place your cloves in a Blender or Food Process and add softened Butter and blend till totally creamy and use this to make Garlic Bread, top your Vegetables with it and use it anywhere you would use Butter on your Savory creations. Makes the best Garlic Bread EVER!
5. I LOVE to blend the cloves up till creamy and then spoon the mixture into small Ice Cube Trays… freeze and then pop them out… put them in little containers or baggies and take them out whenever you need them…soooo handy!
Use your imagination and I guarantee it will taste YUMMY!
Garlic has many Health Benefits too:
1. Garlic can help lower Blood Pressure
2. Garlic can help lower Cholesterol
3. Garlic may improve Bone Health
4. Garlic is a plus for Heart Health
5. Garlic is Nutritious
6. Garlic is low in calories but has tons of taste
7. Oh yes… it keeps Vampires away ; )
Garlic has tons of benefits…tons of taste…it’s a WIN WIN!
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||