I have to be straight up on this one…Brussel Sprouts were never a vegetable I asked my Mom to make…in fact I would complain when I saw that they were going to be part of dinner and made a point of letting her know I thought they were “stinky”! Even though my Mom was an excellent cook…turns out she just didn’t know some of the tricks to make this little veggie sing! So I have held a grudge against them until last week when I decided to give them a try and WOW am I glad I did. Being a vegetarian it is always fun to add something to the list of veggies to enjoy. By roasting these cute little veggies and then adding some sweet…sour …a bit of crunch and creaminess they turn out to be a culinary treat! Plus…it is a quick and easy recipe that I think you and your family will enjoy as well! Time to experience Roasted Brussel Sprouts!
When you are lucky enough to find tiny little Brussel Sprouts like these…there is no need to cut them in half…all you have to do is trim the the stem and remove any leaves that don’t look happy!
After they get a little shower…then you have to prepare them to get their light olive oil treatment along with a light seasoning.
After a little roasting they are ready to dress with a yummy Balsamic Glaze drizzle…creamy goat cheese…some sweet and chewy craisins along with a touch of roasted walnuts or pecans!
They are so easy to prepare…you will find yourself making them regularly!
So let’s get cooking!!!
- 1 lb of Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup of Craisins
- ½ cup of Roasted Nuts
- 2 to 3 ounces of Goat Cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ cup of Brown Sugar
- Rinse your Brussel Sprouts and dry them off
- If your Brussel Sprouts are larger cut them in half or quarters...if small leave them whole...trim the stems and remove any leaves that aren't happy!
- Place your Brussel Sprouts in a bowl
- Drizzle the olive oil over them
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toss them gently till all of the sprouts are covered
- Spread them out onto a cookie sheet along with leaves that fall off...they will become crispy and yummy
- Place them in a 400 degree preheated over for 20-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and place in your serving bowl or platter...add your toasted nuts...craisins and dots of goat cheese and then drizzle with about 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic glaze*...toss at the table and serve.
- *Balsamic Glaze: Place the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring until all of the brown sugar is dissolved. Bring the mixture up to a boil...reduce heat to low and simmer until the glaze is reduced by half. This takes approximately 15-20 minutes. You will know it is just right when it coats the back of a spoon. Allow the mixture to cool and then pour it into a jar with a lid. Store the remaining glaze in the fridge...it lasts a very long time but you can use it in so many ways you will find yourself making more soon!
- Please Note this recipe can be doubled...etc...just add appropriate extras! Bon Appetit
Sure hope you enjoy this yummy recipe and for all of your Brussel Sprout Haters…hope this changes your mind like it did mine!