This Oven Roasted Acorn Squash is one of the quickest… easiest… healthiest… yummiest side dishes you can possibly make! The best thing is is that you can find Acorn Squash all year round so you don’t only have to enjoy it during the Thanksgiving Season. A platter of these beauties look amazing on the table. Your Vegan and Vegetarian friends and family will really enjoy this. I bet you will find yourself making this simple recipe all year round! Bon Appetit!
Simply wash your Squash and slice off the end…
stand it up…
cut it in half…
clean it (save the seed for roasting) and quarter it…
add some olive oil… salt…pepper and seasoning…
- 1 Acorn Squash (Washed & Dried)
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cut the squash in half. With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and stringy filling.
- Cut the squash halves in half again, so you have four pieces.
- Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with the olive oil and spread it around to ensure overall coverage.
- Sprinkle the thyme, salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until an inserted fork goes in very easily.
- To serve, place a section on each plate and scrape the soft squash from the rind. Alternatively, you can leave the squash in two halves, season the same, and then before serving, scrape the squash into a serving dish and spoon it onto plates from there.
Note: If you like things a little bit sweeter… drizzle each quarter with Maple Syrup once they are seasoned and oiled!
Stay Up to Date with The Cottage Market by Joining our Mailing List!
|Want to stay in the know? I’d really love that! (((HUGS)))|
|Like … on Facebook | Follow … on Pinterest | Follow … on Instagram ||